Do Not Sell My Personal Information

C Max keyless Entry

Ron Clark

Hi, My problem is :- With key in hand ( new battery installed)  i approach the car, touch the drivers side door handle to open, and nothing happens, I cannot unlock or lock it this way, I have to use the buttons on the remote? I was informed by the Main dealer that I had turned the system off? I am baffled by this as I cannot recall turning anything off, and cannot find any information regarding how to turn it back on? If anyone can help, I would be very grateful  Thanks in advance.

How about via the steering wheel menu buttons ,should be under vehicle settings in binnacle display ?

4 hours ago, Ron Clark said:

Hi, My problem is :- With key in hand ( new battery installed)  i approach the car, touch the drivers side door handle to open, and nothing happens, I cannot unlock or lock it this way, I have to use the buttons on the remote? I was informed by the Main dealer that I had turned the system off? I am baffled by this as I cannot recall turning anything off, and cannot find any information regarding how to turn it back on? If anyone can help, I would be very grateful  Thanks in advance.

I've just been through the settings menu and can't find anything to turn keyless on  or off I think this is only on the latest cars, if your dealer says you turned it off ti would have thought they would be able to tell you how to turn it on again, sorry just realised it's a dealer they no nothing, 

ive had problems with moisture affecting the sensor after heavy rain it drys out after a bit and all's well again, have you had heavy rain at the time you changed the battery?

Another thought have you got the battery in the right way round, I'm sure you have but it's worth checking also is it a good  Battery?

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Comares2001 said:

How about via the steering wheel menu buttons ,should be under vehicle settings in binnacle display ?

Only on the newer cars like the Focus and mk8 fiesta

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club