Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Door seals, ? Again!

robdalej

just been reading about a problem  with the door seals coming adrift on Focus models, decided to check mine ,12 reg mk 3, only to find a previous owner has cut away the seals so on both back doors  they are only attached to midway down the door , leaving the bottoms with no seal on at all. Been to local Ford dealers quoted me £78 pr door plus £70 each side for fitting

Been to  a scrap yard and got a door seal from a scrapper, it seems to be the same diameter but  doesn't have a wire running through it, I intend  to  attach a part of this seal to the missing bottom of the doors on my car,  anyone see any problem  with  this?

I used Expoxy Adhesive on mine, they are not coming off again

Use a flexible glue filler like puraflex 40. It will not break like epoxy, which is to hard. Sticks to just about everything.

I used Gorilla double sided tape on mine when a small section started to come away.  Its too wide so I had to cut it in half, which was a bit fiddly.  Been OK so far.

I used superglue on all mine, as they were coming off when I brought my 12 plate...Never moved again...

I've just stuck mine back with 3M double sided tape, that stuff is supper strong.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club