Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardwire Dashcam

Scribble

Hello

I'm looking at hardwiring my dashcam in my Focus Estate 2017, Is this the right kit to buy and what is the best fuse to connect to.

Amazon Link

I want the cam to turn off when not running which is why i'm not using the cig lighter as they always seem to be active.

Thanks in advance.

Hello
I'm looking at hardwiring my dashcam in my Focus Estate 2017, Is this the right kit to buy and what is the best fuse to connect to.
Amazon Link
I want the cam to turn off when not running which is why i'm not using the cig lighter as they always seem to be active.
Thanks in advance.

That hard wire kit is fine, and with the cigarette lighter socket fuse, it stays on roughly 15-20 mins after the car is locked or maybe less I can’t remember. I’ve done that in my focus... so if I Park up for something at a supermarket I doubt I’m gonna be too long and it will capture what ever may happen. Entirely up to you.

Look at the fuse list in the manual and and use the heated steering wheel fuse. I tapped that one as well for extra USB ports for charging devices in the glove box on long journeys, I don’t have the heated steering wheel option and that was ignition live. That’s F87 in the passenger glove box on the focus mk3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hi scribble

if you want your camera to shutdown when your ignition is turned off then the fuse you need to piggyback off is f85 in the passenger footwell.

this is the one i use now,

this video shows how to install in case your unsure when your insalling it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club