Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel/brake pipe bracket No.

sonic113

Does anybody know the part number for the brackets that run up the middle of the car, they hold the rear brake pipes and the fuel pipes?

Managed to snap one when removing them. Can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

4 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

You mean these things? 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/273525333646

No it the plastic type ones. They are like a grey colour. They hold two fuel pipes and two brake pipes. The image I attached is the ones. It you can see where one of mine snapped.

IMG_20200830_212931594.jpg

5 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Finding it hard to locate anything. 

Tell me about it. Can't seem to find one anywhere. Going to have to try to get a part number and see if that brings up anything.

If that had happened on my car I would just get creative with my range of zip ties.

ScaniaPBman.

• Like 2

Must be another Focus on your road you could borrow one from? :wink: 

This should be the right one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-C-Max-Focus-MK2-Kuga-MK1-Rear-Brake-Pipes-Clip-1701512/273525331317?epid=1009780438&hash=item3faf615575:g:PG8AAOSwHTlb0cqj

£11 for a little bit of plastic though! 😮 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScaniaPBman said:

If that had happened on my car I would just get creative with my range of zip ties.

ScaniaPBman.

I had thought about that but wanted to keep it tidy and original on the underside but it may come to a cable tie.

55 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Must be another Focus on your road you could borrow one from? :wink: 

This should be the right one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Ford-C-Max-Focus-MK2-Kuga-MK1-Rear-Brake-Pipes-Clip-1701512/273525331317?epid=1009780438&hash=item3faf615575:g:PG8AAOSwHTlb0cqj

£11 for a little bit of plastic though! 😮 

I wish lol! Yeah I came across that one last night late on. It looks like it would fit bit £11 is steep for little bit of plastic, beggers can't be choosers though lol!

• Like 1

Update, I have found out the hard way that the pins where these brackets push for into have actually rusted away to the point where.tjerenis little or no threads for the plastic grips in the bracket to grip to.

Image tried Tiger seal but it even Managed to slid of the pins.

Any ideas what I could do with this? It's really doing my head in today.

27 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Do you have a picture of it might give better ideas on what can be done. 

Yes, hope this is good enough to give an idea of the issue and how it works. 

IMG_20200907_160808823_compress93.jpg

IMG_20200907_160818871_compress20.jpg

3 hours ago, sonic113 said:

Yes, hope this is good enough to give an idea of the issue and how it works. 

IMG_20200907_160808823_compress93.jpg

IMG_20200907_160818871_compress20.jpg

A raw plug would that not do it? 

9 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

A raw plug would that not do it? 

I thought mod that but any type.inhave at home here are any use for it. They squeeze the bracket out too much when trying to force it on.

I was thinking if filling the bracket hole up with a little P40 fiber glass and clipping it in place before it sets?

Dremel it slightly and glue a heatsheild gripper on it. It's getting hard to think now 😂 or maybe get some JB Weld. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Dremel it slightly and glue a heatsheild gripper on it. It's getting hard to think now 😂 or maybe get some JB Weld. 

I really must get myself a Dremel, times like these they come in very handy. I will try maybe a heat shield gripper and or the P40 stuff. Maybe even try the Tiger seal again on a more clean area. 

Scrap the plastic clip and use a thin bit off aluminium and a rivet gun? Bit off foam padding on the underside an should be golden I reckon? But like a metal belt strap over the thingy! That’s my only idea, sorry lol.

Or play with two part epoxy? That stuff works wonders and sets like concrete [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tigerseal isn't quick setting, you'll need to hold them on until it sets.  I'd probably suggest some masking tape unless you want to lay under the car all night. :biggrin: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just an update.  Instead of having to mess about too much ,I added some spot welds to the existing studs to thicken them a little.

I then cleaned them up with grinder and  used a tap n die set to add new threads to allow them grip inside the plastic brackets. 

For the broken plastic brackets infilled them with a little fiberglass mixture then pushed them over the studs and allowed them to set.

Them seem like they are holding very well now,.so fingers crossed they will stay attached this time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sonic113 said:

Just an update.  Instead of having to mess about too much ,I added some spot welds to the existing studs to thicken them a little.

I then cleaned them up with grinder and  used a tap n die set to add new threads to allow them grip inside the plastic brackets. 

For the broken plastic brackets infilled them with a little fiberglass mixture then pushed them over the studs and allowed them to set.

Them seem like they are holding very well now,.so fingers crossed they will stay attached this time.

I was thinking about the tap and die stuff but didn't know you had all that gear. Good luck on it holding up 😁

• Like 1

These brackets are similar to that found in the mk6 fiesta, they hold 2 brake and 2 fuel pipes. They go brittle and snap. I am in the process of 3D printing my own design for them. We refused to pay £20 for 4 crappy little clips for one.

your ones are slightly different, but it’s something I could make a replacement for. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, F0CUE said:

I was thinking about the tap and die stuff but didn't know you had all that gear. Good luck on it holding up 😁

Thanks, hopefully not does but if I ever take them of for any reason or they don't I will have to renew the brackets I suppose.

49 minutes ago, stef123 said:

These brackets are similar to that found in the mk6 fiesta, they hold 2 brake and 2 fuel pipes. They go brittle and snap. I am in the process of 3D printing my own design for them. We refused to pay £20 for 4 crappy little clips for one.

your ones are slightly different, but it’s something I could make a replacement for. 

Yeah they are very similar, The price for a few new ones is rediculus like you say, especially since they are only small bits of plastic. 

It would be interesting to see how your 3D ones turn out. 

Hi, did you sort out the part nos? I'm sure they're the same as on the mk3 Mondeo. Not expensive from Ford main dealer. I'll dig out a finis code for you... 

Google 'Ford 1068788'

Its not quite the right one, but it's around £3, that's all. 

Have a look for the finis code for the part using www catcar.info, type in your vin and have a browse, or pm me your vin and I'll have a look for you, or you could always visit your local Ford main dealership and they'll look it up on their parts database for you. They might even have one in stock. In my experience, they're not THAT brittle, even tho' on my car they must be pushing 20 years old! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club