Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blowers Stuck On Windscreen

stuartpeo

Hi all, new here just bought my first Mondeo. Its a 2.0 TDCi 2002 model and its got few problems.

Firstly the air vents, I have changed the pollen filter and I can get the gas in my aircon system topped up as a favour but when I turn the dial to direct the blowers nothing happens, they always blow up at the windscreen. I have read about taking front out to squeeze some pipes, will this actually work or where do I go from there??

Secondly the washers aren't working, I haven't had time to look at them yet but i'm guessing the old bloke before me filled it with washing up liquid. Any ideas what first??

My stereo has had no radio reception which after doing a continuity test I discovered it will be the tuner card within the stereo but its actually a common fault on the 6000 model. So thats fixable or just buy a new one from eBay.

I have hade the dual flywheel changed thats gone okay.

Any help much appreciated

thanks in advance

Stuartpeo

Hi all, new here just bought my first Mondeo. Its a 2.0 TDCi 2002 model and its got few problems.

Firstly the air vents, I have changed the pollen filter and I can get the gas in my aircon system topped up as a favour but when I turn the dial to direct the blowers nothing happens, they always blow up at the windscreen. I have read about taking front out to squeeze some pipes, will this actually work or where do I go from there??

Secondly the washers aren't working, I haven't had time to look at them yet but i'm guessing the old bloke before me filled it with washing up liquid. Any ideas what first??

My stereo has had no radio reception which after doing a continuity test I discovered it will be the tuner card within the stereo but its actually a common fault on the 6000 model. So thats fixable or just buy a new one from ebay.

I have hade the dual flywheel changed thats gone okay.

Any help much appreciated

thanks in advance

Stuartpeo

Ok got my hands dirty now, stripped dashboard out and can hear a buzz when i change the direction of air vents. So sounds like electrical side is working. Other posts mention vacuum 'squeezeing a pipe' would anybody know which or where this pipe is cause i'll find it whilst its all in bits...

Regarding water jets not working there is no sound coming from pump so i'll check that theres power getting there and looks like it might need a new pump..

Do you peeps know any good cheap parts places?????

Once again thanks in anticipation

stuartpeo

Hi peeps, thanks for viewing even if you can't help.

I am at the back of the centre console, where i can see a big black air vent director thingy, it has flaps inside that twist when i move my front dial. I have removed the front top air divider and got to a flap, when looking into this device with flap open i can see another vent flap with a twisted and snapped vent flap.

This appears to be my problem, All I have to do now, is remove from car and replace with another from a friends mondeo he's scrapping. Thats easier said than done, the unit looks larger than gap between dashboard and the aircon condensor is under underneath. Has anyonbe got any ideas how to remove this without taking out the complete dashboard.

Cheers all

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club