Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brakes Cost?

Trent Edge

I've got my second MOT on the Edge tomrrow and I have a feeling the brakes are gona come up. I think it's the back as I think I had the fronts done last year, must get the paperwork out the drawer!

Anybody had pads done on front or back and know what they paid? Just so I have a rough idea.

Thanks

Had mine in for its first MOT test a few weeks back and got an advisory on the rear brake discs.  The car had only done 10,000 miles.  As it was still under the three year warranty I contacted my local Ford dealer who said that they would be replaced under warranty.  Luckily I had had the foresight to put it in a week or so early for its test or I would have had to fork out for the discs and pads.   Here are what I priced online,  see below.

Brakes Ford Edge.jpg

28 minutes ago, Edge of Reason said:

Remember to get two rear brake pad sets !!  

Pads are sold in sets of 4 nowadays.  Confusing when discs are sold singly lol.

56 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Yes doesn’t make sense. Don’t know why you would replace one disc. 

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

But no motor factors will sell you one, if they do, let’s know who they are. 

Thanks for the replies. Must've been wrong as no advisories at all on MOT and nothing mentioned about brakes. Apparently the car was spotless (not clean though! :D) so that's sorta promising I guess.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Yes doesn’t make sense. Don’t know why you would replace one disc. 

Maybe for the driver that has their brakes changed then immediately hammers the car round the back roads and then parks in an icy flood on the nearside...one warped disc replacement needed an hour later! :biggrin:  Hopefully that's a fairly rare scenario!

10 hours ago, stef123 said:

But no motor factors will sell you one, if they do, let’s know who they are. 

I'm sure I've read about places like ECP having only sent one disc in the past lol.  Now the website won't let you buy one though, so you can't really get it wrong.  I'm not sure about other online sites.  Don't understand why they don't sell them as a 'set' the same as the pads and fitting kits though!

• Like 1

On 9/12/2020 at 9:41 AM, TomsFocus said:

Maybe for the driver that has their brakes changed then immediately hammers the car round the back roads and then parks in an icy flood on the nearside...one warped disc replacement needed an hour later! :biggrin:  Hopefully that's a fairly rare scenario!

I'm sure I've read about places like ECP having only sent one disc in the past lol.  Now the website won't let you buy one though, so you can't really get it wrong.  I'm not sure about other online sites.  Don't understand why they don't sell them as a 'set' the same as the pads and fitting kits though!

What annoys me is you can buy one brand of pads for 100 different vehicles, some come with a pad fitting kit some don't! It's so irritating especially for giving quotes out. Some customers are lucky to receive a discount when it comes to fitting lol.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club