Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 2008 1.6 tdci turbo not working

Steve-Be

Hi all, im a newbie here and hope you can help.

the turbo doesn't work so I've tried a few different things and the only thing I can find is the vacuum solenoid on the rear of the engine isn't letting the vacuum through to the actuator.

A mechanic friend told me that this model of focus can suffer with wiring loom problems, so I got a new loom and run a continuity line from the vacuum wires to the ecu to see what pins on the ecu feed the two wires on the vacuum. once I knew what pins fed the vac i then checked the cars loom. I run a continuity test from the pin on ecu to the vac but I'm getting power through to both of the wires on the vac, then I tried the other pin on the ecu and again I'm getting power to both of the wires on the vac solenoid. I'm assuming that its possible the vacuum wires to the ecu are touching each other somewhere in the loom and shorting ??

Before I start to rip out and replace the loom does anyone think I'm one the right road or has anybody come across this problem. 

cheers to all, and a hope you can help.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club