Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MK8 Cruise Control

Joshy3042

Hi all,

I recently brought a MK8 fiesta ST and not having cruise control didn't bother me, however I've just changed jobs and now do alot of motorway driving and would love to add cruise control in.

I have seen a pretty comprehensive guide for the Mk7 /7.5 and was wandering if anyone knows if this would be the same for my model. 

I imagine the wiring might already be in place and I just have to pick up a new steering wheel with controls on it and activate it all though forscan 

Any advise would be amazing.

Sorry if im being dumb here but I thought Cruise control was standard in all MK8 Fiestas? Even Zetecs?

and then there would be the option to upgrade to the Adaptive Cruise control?

Yes, I’d have thought cruise control was standard on the STs and adaptive cruise wasn’t even available as an option on the ST.

1 hour ago, FezMan said:

Sorry if im being dumb here but I thought Cruise control was standard in all MK8 Fiestas? Even Zetecs?

and then there would be the option to upgrade to the Adaptive Cruise control?

I can’t remember which version mk8 my parents have, it’s either style or zetec, it only has the speed limiter, Doesn’t have cruise.

1 hour ago, DG97 said:

Yes, I’d have thought cruise control was standard on the STs and adaptive cruise wasn’t even available as an option on the ST.

The intercooler is in the way of the grill radar which is why you can't have ACC on the ST.

ST 2 & 3 should get normal cruise as standard, not sure about ST1?

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

ST 2 & 3 should get normal cruise as standard, not sure about ST 1?

They keep monkeying around with specs but from what I remember all STs had normal cruise at launch. I have a May 2018 price list which shows cruise on ST 1, 2 and 3 so would have expected the OP's car to have it.

I think everything had the speed limiter from launch, but you needed Titanium at least to get cruise. 

• Like 1

Basic cruise is a doddle. Just buy the switch with the one extra button. About £60. Then programme the cruise in with Forscan. Watch this:

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2020 at 8:27 PM, tomshepp said:

Basic cruise is a doddle. Just buy the switch with the one extra button. About £60. Then programme the cruise in with Forscan. Watch this:

I so wish I could understand Spanish….  Anyone got a comprehensive guide for a novice please

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club