Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing CD6000 stereo with Sony upgrade

gloves

Hi in my 2009 Focus 1.8 Zetec I have the standard CD6000 stereo. It has bluetooth but annoying you can't play music through it.

I bought this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-FOCUS-ST-SONY-6000-CD-RADIO-/363116861028?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=TPy0wJO1S2CwD9dz4AZ6oC3oKfA%3D&orig_cvip=true&nordt=true&rt=nc

will be this just be an easy 1:1 swap? I've been thinking perhaps I might have an issue with the bluetooth module?

18 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Direct swap.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Thanks!

your bluetooth module is situated above the glovebox and is synced to the specific headunit like penguins they may all look the same but they only have one mate for life, 

you will need ford to tell the bluetooth that the new headunit is its new mate, 

also if the sony headunit is from a mondeo it wont ever work with the bluetooth module on a focus, its too good to marry a focus module. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, BigLen said:

your bluetooth module is situated above the glovebox and is synced to the specific headunit like penguins they may all look the same but they only have one mate for life, 

also if the sony headunit is from a mondeo it wont ever work with the bluetooth module on a focus, its too good to marry a focus module. 

it came from a ford focus ST apparently.

oh bugger, so the bluetooth wont work.. that was the only reason for doing this.

8 hours ago, gloves said:

it came from a ford focus ST apparently.

oh bugger, so the Bluetooth wont work.. that was the only reason for doing this.

You could get ford to sync it with there software but I'm not sure how much that would be; personally I went fully aftermarket in my mk2.5, reverse camera, TV tuner 10" roof monitor and changed the 12v socket inside the arm rest to a USB & HDMI input for amazon fire TV stick. 

I've a load of guides here: 

On ‎9‎/‎27‎/‎2020 at 4:37 PM, BigLen said:

its a 4 minute job to code at home using elm config, you just write in your chassis number, save and reset module

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Botus said:

its a 4 minute job to code at home using elm config, you just write in your chassis number, save and reset module

Thanks for posting that information regarding elmconfig; it has come along way since first release, 

I had a modified elm327 in the early days of elmconfig, is a real financial saving now being able to reset a bluetooth module using the software. 

I lost track of the progress of elm config in the past few years since I stopped modding the focus in 2016. 

Thanks again. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club