Do Not Sell My Personal Information

FordPass iOS app

colinmcg71

Seems like the latest update to the iOS FordPass app (version 3.9.0) includes a battery draining bug. 
Lots of background activity when I’ve only been in the car for 10-15 minutes in the morning and then again in the afternoon. 
Hopefully Ford will push another update soon.

FE159471-42B5-4F53-919F-5513809198B1.jpeg

647FB002-C376-4485-BF2C-4FF3D63E412D.jpeg

Still not any better. Uninstalled and reinstalled and the drain is still the same. 45% in 4 hours. Review left on App Store and uninstalled until there’s an update.

1A42FFA0-EC9F-4F3F-A760-52971934EF30.jpeg

I'm not seeing that. My phone says the last update was a week ago.

Do you have record my journeys on?

No, record my journeys is turned off and location access set to never. 
Same app version as you, updated a week ago.  

Sorry, I know it might be a silly thing to say but have you tried turning your phone off and on again. I had the same issue last week. Fordpass app was showing the highest usage even though I wasn't using it at all. Switched the phone off for about 5 mins and since then everything is fine. Even now it shows 2% background activity. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ams said:

Sorry, I know it might be a silly thing to say but have you tried turning your phone off and on again. I had the same issue last week. Fordpass app was showing the highest usage even though I wasn't using it at all. Switched the phone off for about 5 mins and since then everything is fine. Even now it shows 2% background activity. 

Hope this helps.

I’ve just done a switch off and on about an hour ago. Since then phone has only lost 1% so hopefully just a glitch.

I've noticed that when iOS itself is having battery drain, it just blames it on an app. It doesn't have a "system" usage like Android.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I've noticed that when iOS itself is having battery drain, it just blames it on an app. It doesn't have a "system" usage like Android.

Yeah, Apple is definitely secretive when it comes to system information.

4 hours ago, colinmcg71 said:

I’ve just done a switch off and on about an hour ago. Since then phone has only lost 1% so hopefully just a glitch.

Hopefully it will stay like that from now on. I think every time apple updates ios, all the apps takes time to settle with the new files.

• Like 1

battery drain is back. Seems like the app wakes up when the phone is connected to the car then keeps running in the background even after leaving and locking the car. Seems I’m not alone either going by recent reviews. Uninstalled again until an updated version rolls out. 

A5A7DFB2-25CF-401D-ABE9-799D20B03566.jpeg

E9EAB68F-7021-495D-85B7-624E63CA17D5.jpeg

Have you got ‘background app refresh’ turned off ? 

2 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Have you got ‘background app refresh’ turned off ? 

No, that’s always been enabled. Haven’t had a problem with FordPass till the update to version 3.9.0 last week

17 minutes ago, colinmcg71 said:

No, that’s always been enabled. Haven’t had a problem with FordPass till the update to version 3.9.0 last week

I had battery issues with my iPhone 7 when first got it. Problem wasn’t just with the Ford app but turning off background app refresh totally sorted it. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club