Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DPF help required

rooby_roo

Hi all, i have a 2010 kuga 2.0l diesel with 134k on the clock, ive had the dpf light coming on for a while now, its coding p002, i have changed the sensor, checked the rubber pipes under the car going onto the dpf,  but they are fine and dont look that old tbh, the dpf is not blocked,   the car loses no power when the eml light comes on, it still drives as it should,  but ive noticed on hard exceleration there seems to be a whisle sound, sort of like an air leak, but checked all the hoses etc.  could someone point me in the right direction as to why the code keeps popping up. thanks in advance 

Hose leaks are very hard to find, a tip,is to use soupy water on the hoses, leaks show as bubbles.

sorry the code should of read P2002, Also when i coded it again today it  also came up with P1335, egr position sensor minimum stop performance. 

On 10/7/2020 at 11:55 PM, rooby_roo said:

Hi all, i have a 2010 kuga 2.0l diesel with 134k on the clock, ive had the dpf light coming on for a while now, its coding p002, i have changed the sensor, checked the rubber pipes under the car going onto the dpf,  but they are fine and dont look that old tbh, the dpf is not blocked,   the car loses no power when the eml light comes on, it still drives as it should,  but ive noticed on hard exceleration there seems to be a whisle sound, sort of like an air leak, but checked all the hoses etc.  could someone point me in the right direction as to why the code keeps popping up. thanks in advance 

If you can hear an air leak i reckon the dpf is blocked solid. Had a customer do that before the air leak noise was exhaust gases trying to escape and gaps it could where the dpf is blocked. Any diesel car with 134k on the clock will have a blocked dpf by now as most poodle round town. Egr fault will be your orignal fault which accelerates dpf blockage. 
hope this helps.

I would check if you have a fuel vapouriser on your dpf. Known to block up and stop regens. Sure your Kuga will have one. 

This is an example of what to look for on your car ( but only an example off a transit for visualisation. ) 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/202272643105

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club