Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio and voice control not working

Hostahousey

Yesterday found my radio would not switch on , also the voice control and touch screen did not work either. I looked on Youtube and some video's show removing a fuse for a short time to solve this problem. I wondered if anyone else had , had this problem , If so does this work ?

Hit and miss. Probably would've took you less time to go and try it than ask on here lol.

Yes agree but the fuses they state are 69 & 79 , but these are not on my fuse board .

Agree   but the fuse numbers are not on my fuse board

On 10/10/2020 at 12:10 PM, Hostahousey said:

Yesterday found my radio would not switch on , also the voice control and touch screen did not work either. I looked on Youtube and some video's show removing a fuse for a short time to solve this problem. I wondered if anyone else had , had this problem , If so does this work ?

S Max 2L diesel  2009. All of head unit died yesterday . Today removed fuse no 6 (see note ) had a cuppa (10 mins) and reinserted it. All good

When kneeling alongside the nearside door and reaching into the footwell the fuse board is upside down to that shown in my Handbook .Blue plastic bit to the left

Fuses are in two columns Left & Right both number from top down L = fuse Nos 15-28 & R = 1-14 making my no 6 fuse 6 down on the right hand column ("AUDIO SYSTEM") 

Hope it helps

Edited by Classic 375
Improve understanding

20 hours ago, Classic 375 said:

S Max 2L diesel  2009. All of head unit died yesterday . Today removed fuse no 6 (see note ) had a cuppa (10 mins) and reinserted it. All good

When kneeling alongside the nearside door and reaching into the footwell the fuse board is upside down to that shown in my Handbook .Blue plastic bit to the left

Fuses are in two columns Left & Right both number from top down L = fuse Nos 15-28 & R = 1-14 making my no 6 fuse 6 down on the right hand column ("AUDIO SYSTEM") 

Hope it helps

Thanks for that Ron, I'll have. another look but mines a 2016 C max could be the fuse boxes are different. But funny enough all was restored yesterday. So fingers crossed see what today brings me 

• 2 years later...

This happened to me today. My radio wouldn't shut off and my voice command lever on steering wheel didn't work.  I drove to Ford dealer, and they disconnected the battery, waited awhile, and reconnected it.  They said that this "rebooted the system".  This is the 3rd time that it's happened in the last two years.  They had no idea why - and said that running a diagnostic might not show anything.  Frustrated - and probably will look for another car.

• Sad 1

This happens me also. I just pull the radio fuse and wait a few minutes. Not ideal but I can live with it. You could try a secondhand radio from a breakers yard to see if that sorts it?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club