Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sync broken? Nope, just version 3.4

Guy Heaton

So I have Automatic System Updates turned OFF.

Started the car this morning, "Crap, the syncs broke, it's just displaying horrible blue and white text."  Restarted a couple of times, still the same.

Then I checked the software version.  3.4

HOW did that get on?  Through the car's own wifi?  My phone's mobile data?  A bit at a time over the house wireless during the few seconds it idles there?

I guess the Automatic System Updates setting is meaningless too.

• Confused 1

And I was beginning to think I was alone in being unimpressed by the new washed out look. Actually I think night view is better or in daytime with brightness turned down.

• Like 1

yeah I've set it to night all the time.  It's weird, it's strangely monochrome now.

Interesting.
I don't understand how you have Sync 3.4 without updating via USB or having WiFi updates turned.
I updated to sync 3.4 via USB but turned off WiFi updates as I didn’t want to spend forever downloading the F9 map update.

That's what I would like to know.  The car wifi is turned off, and it was never connected to my house wifi.  It can only have been through the fordpass app I guess.

• Thanks 1

As I see it the only way sync can receive remote data updates is ether via USB or WiFi or possibly as you say the FordPass app via the mobile phones sim (I assume that would show up as mobile data downloads on your bill information?) or directly via the inbuilt vehicle modem sim. 🤔

I have noticed one thing.  The rear camera brightness now seems to follow the system brightness, instead of boiling your eyeballs with the light levels.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

I have noticed one thing.  The rear camera brightness now seems to follow the system brightness, instead of boiling your eyeballs with the light levels.

I know what you mean about the overly bright rear view camera and the fact that the brightness could not be adjusted.

So I am very pleased to hear that it can now be adjusted using the system brightness.

I will check it out next time.

1 hour ago, Guy Heaton said:

Glad you said that because I noticed it as well but wasn't sure if I was imagining things.

• Like 1

ARRRGH!!! The update has wiped all my nav favourites and the home and work location.

Rubbish.

14 minutes ago, Guy Heaton said:

ARRRGH!!! The update has wiped all my nav favourites and the home and work location.

Rubbish.

Yes, that’s correct and unfortunately that happened to me when I updated.

Although, in my case I didn’t have to many favourites to put back.

I had loads.  Crap software writing if it can't transfer them and one of the many reasons I hate auto updates.  Don't let my phone do it.

• Like 1

Glad I'm stuck with 3.3 I can't upgrade thankfully, well at least not at the moment 

I was stuck at 3.0 on a mk3 facelift 2018 so I went the unofficial route to 3.4. It is a major improvement over 3.0 plus I have the f9 maps now. The only 2 slight issues I have noticed is the double track skip forward when using the dash controls but single track works from steering controls. This has been documented already but not sure it affects units updated to 3.4 officially. The other slight niggle is a bit of screen flicker when the auto lights come on but it doesn't last long.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2020 at 2:36 PM, Guy Heaton said:

That's what I would like to know.  The car wifi is turned off, and it was never connected to my house wifi.  It can only have been through the fordpass app I guess.

Are you getting that msg re FordPass app? 
I’m hoping to get F9 maps thru it..

I’ve connected phone thru usb ..I don’t see any options re this. 

97EFC612-4BDD-4645-ACBB-27ABC47657C3.jpeg