Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stereo and Alloys

NKJ

I have recently brought a 2008 1.8 tdci zetec Focus. It has a 6000cd stereo which is now constantly stuck in phone mode. Does anybody khow to rectify this problem. The car came with factory fitted 17 inch alloys and the ride is harsh and not smooth. Is this normal? Lastly what interior upgrades can I do to the car as it looks a bit outdated. 

Hi,

Some of my guides here might help: 

Link: https://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/68214-full-list-lennys-guides/

The zetec model had lower profile suspension and 16" alloys as standard, however 16" are a good compromise if you find that you can't get used to it.

For best results; I'd go for an aftermarket headunit and this stage, because changing the existing unit to another ford means the bluetooth module "if fitted" will need to be programmed to the new headunit, and the bluetooth technology that it is; is very outdated. Doesn't support streaming of music. There are many advantages to fitting aftermarket; can add a reverse camera or TV tuner, HDMi input to centre console for a smart TV stick etc. 

14 hours ago, NKJ said:

I have recently brought a 2008 1.8 tdci zetec Focus. It has a 6000cd stereo which is now constantly stuck in phone mode. Does anybody khow to rectify this problem.

For a quick fix, just buy a new head unit off eBay, you can pick one up complete with code for around £20. I bought an exceptionally mint looking unit last week for £17!

455665409_auxin6000CD.thumb.jpg.1e601db494ccabf7280c1500800a7cac.jpg

16 hours ago, NKJ said:

I have recently brought a 2008 1.8 tdci zetec Focus. It has a 6000cd stereo which is now constantly stuck in phone mode. Does anybody khow to rectify this problem. The car came with factory fitted 17 inch alloys and the ride is harsh and not smooth. Is this normal? Lastly what interior upgrades can I do to the car as it looks a bit outdated. 

Can't  advise about the radio but my 12 reg Focus  with 18 in alloys is the worst ride  I have ever  experienced  in a car, so much so I am seriously  considering  getting  rid, after only owning it for just  over a month

48 minutes ago, robdalej said:

Can't  advise about the radio but my 12 reg Focus  with 18 in alloys is the worst ride  I have ever  experienced  in a car, so much so I am seriously  considering  getting  rid, after only owning it for just  over a month

I suppose there are loads of people reading that and wondering why got to all that hassle and expense, just sell the 17" alloys, there's a ready market, and go down to more comfortable 16" ones...

I think I will look at getting the alloys changed to 16inch. However the tyres and alloys on the car I brought last week are in mint A1 condition. I would like the same alloys in 16inch but cannot find them anywhere.

These are the alloys 2007 - 2010 MK2 17 inch Alloy Wheel 8M5J-1007-AA 7x17xCH RT50

1 hour ago, NKJ said:

I would like the same alloys in 16inch but cannot find them anywhere.

It doesn't work like that I'm afraid...  Different designs are generally different sizes with standard alloys.  It's only really aftermarket alloys where you can have the same design in different sizes.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club