charliewade71

Rear gearbox mount 1.8tdci

Morning everyone I’m a bit stuck and need some advice I’m looking to replace the rear engine mount on my 2008 1.8 tdci with 5 spd MTX75. The problem is which one 😩 the one on the car is the black solid round one but the part number I’m getting online is 1404996 which is the aluminium horseshoe one so does anyone know did this superseded the black one ??? Attached some pics of the two any help much appreciated 

AD07DB5C-1607-4448-ADEF-1907E80110B7.jpeg

5A2DB352-4436-49DE-BACF-466A850D16C7.png

Hi, I have just replaced this on my 07 C Max tdci yesterday.

Your bottom pic looks my original mount, and top is same shape as Ebay special I fitted.

Both are suitable - if top type then ensure to get correct way round as only 1 side on the front is threaded.

They  can be a little fiddly to get into place, mine took a lot of levering engine/box around whilst on a jack.

Thanks Dave i did the Same went with the newer version it was the same as the one on my partners car 🙂  yes we are a two C Max Family lol she has a new 1.6 and i have a 2008 1.8 TDCI