Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga keyfob not working

Tom Law

My spare key wasn't working for months, and My main keyfob is on the blink So time to take action. Frst I tried buying one on eBay. The fob arrived and didn't fix my problem. I tried changing all the batteries around same problem. Batteries not the issue. I read in the handbook the keyfob I may have disabled my spare. But it doesn't say how to REACTIVATE your keyfob or at least the method didn't work.

I discovered how to do it.  1 unlock the car with your working key and get in. 2 You can play with the lock unlock buttons as you may have read but I dont thin it does anything.

3 You now the little emergency recess in the steering column? Where you put your keyfob if its not working so you can start?  Find it if you dont. Place your non working keyfob in the little recess and press the start button. BINGO!  I notices some new indicator lights appeared on the dashboard I had never seen before. Seeming to show the car was pairing with the keyfob.

4switch off Car take all your keyfobs OUT and lock the door with your newly fixed keyfob!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tom,

Was it your original key that was working again or the new eBay one? 
I purchased a 2018 Kuga from Car Giant and found 2 weeks later that the spare key doesn't work at all.
I opened it up and the battery has leaked, although the board looks like is water damaged.
Do you know if this will work for a new fob from eBay

Ford have quoted me £39 for the key and £125 labour to program it. 
But as its not reprogramming all keys, and just replacing a broken I think that's a liberty for something that will most likely take them 5 minutes, if that. 

I'm looking around to try and find clear instructions of how to do it, but 1 i found had a device, another said you need 2 working keys and I'm skeptical.
My owners manual only suggests seeking dealer advice for replacing lost keys, but not 

Unless anyone knows how i can do it? 
Car giant and they want a diagnosis done first. 
Its a faulty key. whats to diagnose? 
They are clearly trying to deny avoid paying out on what they should have checked.

I was hoping I could buy a replacement a do it myself to avoid the hassle, but its proving difficult. 

Thanks,
Gary

A replacement fob will need programming with ford software . Or try a locksmiths who may be able to clone a fob for you. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club