Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Mk2.5 1.6 Tdci

DillonFocus

Hi all

doing a rear brake conversion on my 1.6tdci 2010 Mk2.5 Focus, and wondering will focus st225 brake lines work, got rear calipers off a 1.8tdci model and saw a full kit for braided brake lines that I like however there for a st225

will they work with my calipers and car, any help much appreciated 

thanks, 

Dillon

Just now, DillonFocus said:

Hi all

doing a rear brake conversion on my 1.6tdci 2010 Mk2.5 Focus, and wondering will focus st225 brake lines work, got rear calipers off a 1.8tdci model and saw a full kit for braided brake lines that I like however there for a st225

will they work with my calipers and car, any help much appreciated 

thanks, 

Dillon

I suggest contacting the the manufacturer.If they are Hel I have found them helpful in the past 👍

Just now, williamweb said:

I suggest contacting the the manufacturer.If they are Hel I have found them helpful in the past 👍

Thanks for replying, have tried the vendor but no reply for a couple of days, hoping they will get back to me soon, however was wondering wether in the meantime if someone would know on here 

thanks again 

Any good garage will make you copper brake lines that'll fit perfectly, I wouldn't bother with braided lines

47 minutes ago, Focus7788 said:

Any good garage will make you copper brake lines that'll fit perfectly, I wouldn't bother with braided lines

You still need a flexible line to go from the wheel arch to the calliper. Rigid copper tube would last until you turned the steering wheel for the first time at which point would either kink itself or just rip off lol. It's the same reason your driveshaft uses CV joints instead of a solid shaft. This doesn't really apply to the rear brakes I admit, but the callipers do move in and out as the pads wear so you don't want anything holding them in a specific position or you'll get either stuck on brakes, uneven wear or no brakes at all.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Focus7788 said:

I’m wondering how long those copper pipes would last doing my three point turns😀 flexible braided lines every time 👍

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

You still need a flexible line to go from the wheel arch to the calliper. Rigid copper tube would last until you turned the steering wheel for the first time at which point would either kink itself or just rip off lol. It's the same reason your driveshaft uses CV joints instead of a solid shaft. This doesn't really apply to the rear brakes I admit, but the callipers do move in and out as the pads wear so you don't want anything holding them in a specific position or you'll get either stuck on brakes, uneven wear or no brakes at all.

Don't you have any suspension travel on the rear then? :biggrin:  

17 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Don't you have any suspension travel on the rear then? :biggrin:  

My silly ***** thought it would be fine if it was bolted to the chassis rather than the car body.

• Haha 1

On 11/28/2020 at 10:16 AM, DillonFocus said:

Thanks for replying, have tried the vendor but no reply for a couple of days, hoping they will get back to me soon, however was wondering wether in the meantime if someone would know on here 

thanks again 

So  I’ve had a look for you.Cross check these two Ford part numbers for compatibility on eBay, Front brake pipe 1479767 Rear 1609128 and see if they match.Apparently there are two rear disc sizes 405 mm and 415mm.From what I can see the ST has 405mm.Reading your original post I’m not sure if you have made up your mind on which way what you want to go👍

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club