Do Not Sell My Personal Information

software update

tornado51

Hi all,

I see there is a 2.8Gb firmware update sitting in the Ford Sync site - anyone tried updating?

I done the update yesterday.   All went smoothly and quickest update yet.  Uploaded the XML file and showed within minutes that my system was up to date.  Update site seems to be all sorted now.   😀

Looks like an update to APPS, GRACENOTE and VOICE files. Not installed yet, but on a memory stick and ready to go!

Can you post a link please as i cant find the page for the firmware update

Thanks

Did mine yesterday. Took about 10 minutes! All worked smoothly although can't see any differences from before.

If it’s firmware, you are unlikely to notice anything. Maybe a few bugs removed. 

7 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

If it’s firmware, you are unlikely to notice anything. Maybe a few bugs removed. 

Who knows? It just says software update which could, of course, also remove a few bugs. Saying that, I've never noticed any bugs in the system anyway.

i downloaded the software

Copied the zip file to a 32Gb USB stick

Plugged into the USB socket in the car (without anything else plugged in), the car dash recognised the name of the USB stick, but nothing else happened

I have done maps updates before, so know the procedures to follow, but this time nothing!!

Remember to unzip the files before putting or copying them to stick.  Check files on stick. Make sure you have autoinstal file.  

Files on stick.jpg

Just done another "copy" to the stick after unzipping, and this time when i plugged it into the car it said Software Update straight away, and completed in less than 10 mins

A'int got a clue what i've got for my money, but hey ho the software is up to date!

Cheers

3 hours ago, DAVEWILL5 said:

A'int got a clue what i've got for my money

Probably quite good 'value' for money as the update was free! I suspect it's the usual minor bug fixes (mostly connectivity of newer devices). Hopefully it fixes the bluetooth dropouts I always get on my Samsung G7 Edge ... fingers crossed!