Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus Bluetooth not working

andmc

Hi, I bought a Ford Focus 2011 and it has a 6000 CD, which as far as I read has bluetooth.

I pressed the green phone button and then menu button in order to pair it with my phone but it displays “Mute”.

Is there any other method to pair my phone or this means that my car does not have bluetooth

* I don’t have the user’s guide.

Thank you!

The green button is as you found out is just a mute button , from memory I don’t recall any 6000cd radios having bluetooth only aux button maybe to play your songs thru it . There plenty of cheap bluetooth kits on the market   

• Like 1

The 6000CD audio system was a Low Level audio system that did not have bluetooth as standard. On this audio system bluetooth was an optional extra.

Determining whether the car has bluetooth or not is pretty simple. Bluetooth was combined with Voicecontrol. On a vehicle with Bluetooth/Voicecontrol the radio stalk at the steering column has an extra "VOICE" button to activate the Voicecontrol function. 

If the radio stalk at the steering column does not have the "VOICE" button the car does not have Bluetooth.

• Like 1

I recently purchased a 2010 S-Max Titanium and have the same radio, and the same issue. 
Other than 3rd party options, e.g. a Parrot kit, is there a possible upgrade path towards stock Bluetooth connectivity? 
specifically, I would like bluetooth for calls and audio, and would also like a usb connection for iPod integration. 

I don’t mind installing stuff myself, and don’t mind buying used parts, but I have a hard time figuring out the odds and ends needed, and if it’s even possible. My list of questions so far is:

- can I get a used bluetooth module and add it to the 6000CD radio? if so, which module? Do I need to get it reprogrammed?
- do I instead need to swap the head unit for a Sony, and then get the bluetooth module? 
- will I get a usb connection with the Bluetooth module? 

- can I connect any microphone to the Bluetooth module or head unit? 

I guess the ultra cheap mod to accomplish this is this device - anyone have experience with that one: https://www.ebay.com/itm/274508304787

Cheers all - and happy new year! 

The original Bluetooth/Voicecontrol can be retrofitted.

The optional Sound & Connect system (Bluetooth/Voicecontrol with USB, bluetooth Audio and Ipod control) however is not supported by the Low Level 6000CD audio system. The Sound & Connect system requires a GEN 3 Sony audio system or a Travelpilot FX / NX sat nav system.

To retrofit the Sound & Connect system you need the following parts:

* Suitable audio system.
* Sound & Connect module.
* Wiring harness for the Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system if the wiring is not present. Ford used to sell harnesses to retrofit Bluetooth/Voicecontrol as an accessoire. Many harnesses however are no longer available.
* Original microphone (Ford microphones have a very specific impedance that is completely different from other manufacturers microphones).
* Radio remote stalk with VOICE button (in case of the S-max a steering wheel switch with VOICE button).
* Mounting hardware.

When all parts are installed the system needs to be configured.

Be aware that the support for the old Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system officially stopped in 2012 and the system since than became outdated quickly. Newer phone types are officially not supported and since bluetooth protocols have been further developed/changed through the Years. As a result of this there may be compatibility issues between the newer phones and the old oudated Bluetooth/Voicecontrol system.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club