Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Convertible Roof Motor

jsyshaggy

Hi,

I dont own a KA but my friend does. She was having problems with the alarm over the winter took it to the dealer and they said they had isolated the problem. With the nice weather she tried to open the roof, unclipped the front and pressed the button but the flap behind wont open. When entering through the boot we pulled the material frward to reveal the mechanism which when truned opens the flap.

I have attached a picture of the offending part which I think is missing a solenoid.

If there is a part missing what on earth is it called because I have searched high and low.

Ford quote £40+ for a part and the possibility of another £60 if wiring is required???

Thanks in advance

post-13835-127273485338_thumb.jpg

If no-one can help with the part could someone take a pic so I can see what its meant to look like? It's just under the flap which lifts when pressing the button by the seat.

Cheers

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the *solenoid* that 'pulls' the cable is missing to me. I hear tell of problems with the street ka where the boot opens itself even when the car is locked... perhaps this was the cause of the previous alarm problems, and the mechanic forgot to put it back together properly, either way id go back to the garage and talk to them about it, £40 sounds reasonable-ish for the part (I payed £20 just for a reversing light switch!). Perhaps if you could get hold of a (Haynes) workshop manual; its always useful to have one lying around for the car you own anyway (or do what I do and flick through them in Halfords before I undertake any work :P), you would be able to confirm the missing parts identity and see if the wiring for it is indeed missing.

Good Luck!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club