Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trailer wiring issue.

fatboyslim4978

Good evening good people. 
I have a bit of a strange problem with the towbar wiring on my 68 plate st line edge. 
I had a genuine Ford towbar wiring kit and module fitted and activated by Ford. All seams to work fine. It’s a 13 pin plug. 
I have a 7 pin adaptor in it as my trailers are all 7 pin. 
the problem is as soon as I plug it in the boot opens? 
Also it doesn’t mute the rear parking sensors when I’m in reverse? 

Anybody any ideas??

Think I could be the adaptor? 

Thanks in advance. 

18 hours ago, fatboyslim4978 said:

the problem is as soon as I plug it in the boot opens? 

Are you sure your not just activating the lower hands free opening as your down there (or the harness is waving in front of the sensor!)

18 hours ago, fatboyslim4978 said:

Also it doesn’t mute the rear parking sensors when I’m in reverse? 

ECU's are not configured. There are 2 or 3 other ECU's that need configuring to let them know a trailer ECU is installed. That inhibits the reverse sensors, rear fog lights, lamp out and enables trailer stability control as part of your dynamic stability system ... amongst other things! When things are 'activated' correctly, you should get a 'Trailer Connected' message in the instrument cluster when you turn on the ignition and if you put the car in reverese, you'll get a car + trailer symbol in the top right of the reverse camera view plus the reverse sensor off light on the parking aid centre console switch next to the gear lever.

See this thread for typical tow bar questions and images of what youshould see when its configured correctly ...

Advice needed for fitting tow bar and electrics on Edge

Thanks m8 the pics are the same as what i saw in my 65 plate kuga when i had that so i thought something was wrong.

Will get it back upto ford and see if they can have another go at sorting it.

2 hours ago, fatboyslim4978 said:

Will get it back upto ford and see if they can have another go at sorting it.

Took my local Ford dealer 3 attempts (the last time they came out to me for the inconvenience) before they finally got it right!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club