Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hardwire a rear view camera

Bonniet120

Hi guys
I have recently bought a rear-facing camera for my wife's 2017 Kuga and I can't for the life of me work out how to wire it into the rear fuse box as she doesn't want to leave it on all the time and doesn't want to have to keep plugging it in and un-plugging it all the time.

I've got a hardwiring kit, but I am not mechanically minded and even worse when it comes to electrics. 

Has anyone wired their camera into the rear fuse box and if so how did you manage to do it? Clear and simple instructions would be much appreciated, as I said I'm about as good with mechanics and electrics as a monkey trying to recite Shakespeare lol.

Thanks for your help

What camera have you got? I'm guessing on an aftermarket kit you have ignition live, negative, and reverse wires to trigger it on?

Sorry I meant to put that in my thread.

I can't remember the name as it was a couple of weeks back and it's been plugged into the lighter socket since then.

I bought a universal hardwire kit for it which has a live wire coming from it that you can connect to a fuse adapter (comes with various different sizes) and a black earth wire with a copper horseshoe on the end of it, as well as a pack of 5 amp fuses.

Seems to me in your situation your best bet would be to get an auto electrician to fit it properly for you. May not cost as much as you think.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/14/2021 at 8:23 AM, Bonniet120 said:

Sorry I meant to put that in my thread.

I can't remember the name as it was a couple of weeks back and it's been plugged into the lighter socket since then.

I bought a universal hardwire kit for it which has a live wire coming from it that you can connect to a fuse adapter (comes with various different sizes) and a black earth wire with a copper horseshoe on the end of it, as well as a pack of 5 amp fuses.

bcm1.thumb.png.b4728a1504272a73ad2cf23017f8f3a6.png

Having had a quick look at wiring diagrams for 2017 Kuga, I'd say try using F62 (For Auto wipers/auto dim/dip mirror) for 12V power.

You should be able to find a ground on any unpainted screw/nut/bolt in that vacinity.

bcm.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club