Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hello,

I'm looking to purchase a 2019 edge and get a genuine ford towbar and electrics. I've seen some posts saying you need an additional 2wire harness for the Fridge/ATC. Is this for aftermarket dedicated electrics. The electrics on the ford site says it comes with permanent supply's and i can only see the 1 kit

Thanks 

Neil

This was the tow bar my local Ford dealer fitted when I ordered a tow bar from them, so not the 'official' Ford one, but one they always install and guarantee as their aftermarket offering ...

image.thumb.png.c32d03fd4769bc34b3b49e061ba37ed5.png

It uses the genuine Edge specific wiring kit (i.e. 13 PIn with Genuine Ford 'Trailer' ECU) ...

image.thumb.png.47eb99df657ca9c7822a3b63079b6b9a.png

and that also needed the 'Extension kit' to provide the ATC/Fridge power feed, diect from the battery and  switched by the cars ignition ...

image.thumb.png.605906e5efc68c20ee607cb376fa86d6.png

All ECU's coded by the Ford garage after install.

Thanks Simon, 

That's good to know about that kit.

I'm wanting to use the ford TCM and electrics and trying to see if it supports the permanent live connections or you need additional wiring

Cheers

2 minutes ago, Wheelie24v said:

I'm wanting to use the ford TCM and electrics and trying to see if it supports the permanent live connections or you need additional wiring

These kits use the actual official Ford TRM, so I would expect the harness to be wired exactly the same whether it's aftermarket sourced or direct from Ford.