Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Losing water no water under car

Lee832

Ford kuga mk2 2l  losing water no visible leaks 

• Sad 1

Could be head gasket gone between the cylinders. If you take off the oil filler cap, is there a light brown sludge on the underside of the cap? 

I'm not sure if the egr valves are water cooled but you could be losing water into the egr valve and then it would be put out of the exhaust systemand no sign of a leak. Check the expansion bottle for yellow residue on the cap. Also check your oil for any milky residue. Does the car puff out any white smoke. Does the coolant bubble when the engine is running. 

On 6/20/2021 at 2:55 PM, Lee832 said:

Ford kuga mk2 2l  losing water no visible leaks 

How much water are we talking about losing and over how long ?

Does the engine seem to be running normally and is the engine temprature normal when driving ?

• 2 years later...

I had this problem until today. It was a pipe coming from the bulk head that had rubbed on a mount quite common and should of been a recall in my opinion. I'm posting this for anyone looking up the same problem as doubt I will get a reply as the it's an old post. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club