Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Grand C-Max 1.0 Ecoboost a reliable car? Would you recommend it?

redetris

Hello, I'm considering Grand C-Max 1.0 Ecoboost for our next car as we need a 7-seater. Reading the HonestJohn car review website, there are reports of clutch / DMF / slave cylinder failures on this particular model. However, a quick search here doesn't reveal that many cases.

I'd be interested in hearing from Grand C-Max Ecoboost owners regarding the above issue, or indeed, on its general reliability? Would you recommend the car?

What about the diesel versions?

Thank you!

The worlds gone Bonkers !!!

A 7 seater Grand C-Max with a 1.0 Ecoboost engine.

Buy the diesel.

• Like 1

Defo get the diesel if you do enough motorway miles. It's no good for cruising around town though, you'll just block the DPF.

The 1.0L will be too slow once you get 7 people in it, and probably have worse fuel economy than my ST!

• Like 1

The 1ltr is fine for round town but it struggles on the hills and motorways the sweet spot in the range is the 1.5 diesel decent performance and good economy mine did 47.4 mpg over the 53k that I had it only change because I needed to go automatic, shame they don't make them anymore would have had another, but as I'm on Motability my choice of cars was limited hence leaving Ford

The 2ltr diesel is a bit crude and very nose heavy, no better on fuel than the 1.5 but if you are 7 up all the time then it's worth thinking about, the 1 litre in real world mpg is terrible.

No DPF worries with the later models as they use the coated type DPF.

18 hours ago, Luke4efc said:

Defo get the diesel if you do enough motorway miles. It's no good for cruising around town though, you'll just block the DPF.

The 1.0L will be too slow once you get 7 people in it, and probably have worse fuel economy than my ST!

As long as it gets a run no and again there are no problems with the DPF mine was used for short runs to the shops less than a mile but had longer runs as well

I had a 5 seat C-Max with a 1.6 ecoboost (182) and wasn't that impressed with the performance, so would think the 1.0 (which is a great engine in a Fiesta) would struggle a bit with a Grand, unless you were literally just using it for school run, shopping etc.

As others have said, diesel would be my preference, if I had another.

• 2 months later...

My wife has this Grand C Max 2014 and finds it OK what i would say is check the rear door seals  as you may find the top opening corners have  rust as owes has

Have found other people abroad have had the same problem

We have the 1.5 diesel c-max and find it very good on fuel,£20 tax,not the fastest away from the lights.

would say 1.0 would be underpowered in a grand.

think Ford made a mistake when they stopped production.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club