Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Adaptive Headlight Issue - Not solve by Ford Dealer

Alanswaby

I have an intermittent fault with my adaptive headlights.

The fault has been investigated by my local Ford dealer. 

The states this not a common fault know by Ford.

The last visit the “Adaptive Headlight Check Manual warning was showing”, they found a fault and reset with a firmware update. Two days later the fault was back again.

Unfortunately each time you turnoff the ignition the fault codes disappears.

Does anybody have proof how to resolve this issue.

My extend warranty expires in 4 weeks and my worry is the dealer will not solve the problem and I will have pay loads of money to solve the problem.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

This warning?... 

If so, I had the same, they couldn't find the fault code. Had it happen one morning where wasn't in a rush to go anywhere, so went to the dealer. They scanned it and found the side that was faulty. Whole unit replaced under warranty where as outside of warranty is £1,000+.

Best to get to them with the engine running with the error still there. You'll know when it's playing up as the full beams will not work.

I've had the issue come back once last year well out of warranty but hasn't happened since.

Bit *****, but keep pestering them and make sure you go to them so at least you're trying whilst it's still in warranty and you could fight that side of things if it goes on.

Don't know if it is a 'common' issue but there are several people on the forum who have had the issue I believe.

• Thanks 1

duplicate - deleted

Hi All 

I would suggest going through Ford Customer Relations, as I had ongoing TPMS fault that was reported during warranty, but with constant visits to my local dealership, was not fixed, up to end of warranty. 

As fault reported during warranty period, Ford Customer Relations extended my warranty until my TPMS was fixed.

Not sure if this could be of help to you, but maybe worth giving a try.

Stay safe 

Happy motoring 

Dave 

• Like 1

yes i had this issue. ended up replacing nearside headlamp under warranty. the car did go back and forth to my local dealers a few times. they checked wiring, replaced a couple of items on headlamp and then got Ford uk involved who eventually got the lamp replaced after more checks in the dealership that they asked for. i've had no problems since the replacement 15 months ago. 

it was intermittent and would disappear after a restart. I actually drove to the dealers with the warning on the dashboard and left car running and they then saw it on the diagnostic machine. It wasn't seen when the warning wasn't on the dash. 

I was concerned that my warranty would run out but was told that as it was started in warranty it would be sorted under the warranty.

Mine was under the 3 year manufacturers warranty though. good luck 

• Like 1

Hi, yes i have that adaptive headlight warning coming up, my car is booked in next week but im hoping the warning comes up for that day and then i can keep it up for them and show them as I told them about the issue with many of us not being able to get it up on diog without it being left on the dash.

Does anyone know what error code it came up with on diog at all?

• 2 weeks later...

If its the "Check Adaptive Headlight" warning, its replacement headlights only to solve the problem, a common fault, and unfortunately as soon as you turn ignition off it resets and clears the fault codes, but your Ford dealers should be fully aware of this.

My Edge has had them replaced 3 times under warranty, any problems ask your dealer to contact Gates of Harlow for advice, or try emailing Ford direct on  execoff1@ford.com 

hi, just thinking, can a low battery cause the adaptive headlights to not work and thus ring up a adaptive headlight warning?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club