Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dim Battery and Oil Light (KA MK2)

Mu55er

Hello, my partner alerted me to the battery and oil light being illuminated but very dim (Ford KA MK2).I have checked battery car not running 12.7. Checked the battery in idle 14.0. which I believe are showing a healthy battery. 

Anyone any ideas??

Hi it is very likely that the dash is faulty. It is a common problem unfortunately. I heard they can be repaired but has to be sent away, or get one from eBay or scrappy and hope that ,that one is ok. 

Mine is doing the same,seems to be linked to the mileage display when that goes off so do the dim lights 

• 1 month later...

My lcd display is completely blank usually but on the odd occasion it will have  what looks like alien writing. There are 2 companies online ive found that you send off the instrument cluster for a rebuild, one quoted £250+vat and postage (Cartronix) and the other £150+vat and postage (ECUTesting). Haven’t decided whether i’m going to do it yet thought so can’t rate them yet. 

You had any developments on this?

I would check out the companies on eBay, the going rate is about £85 - £100

Funny enough i couldn’t see any on eBay so headed to see what the web had to offer however just went back of eBay and the one that i have now seen is £125 and its ‘sold’ by the company what quoted me £250+vat! 😂

• 4 months later...

Car dash lit up like the pic, just after the MOT, had the battery replaced as it was low, none of the lights go off.
We did have water coming in , thanks to the stupid blocked drain by the driver bonnet hinge, reading through all of this, I get the impression its the dash and not something else.

Have plugged in an OBDII reader with the MultiEcuScan software and the Airbag ECU reads fine.

Its a 2013 Ka Edge.

Any other suggestions?

image.jpeg

• 1 year later...
On 8/2/2022 at 6:52 PM, MSti said:

Car dash lit up like the pic, just after the MOT, had the battery replaced as it was low, none of the lights go off.
We did have water coming in , thanks to the stupid blocked drain by the driver bonnet hinge, reading through all of this, I get the impression its the dash and not something else.

Have plugged in an OBDII reader with the MultiEcuScan software and the Airbag ECU reads fine.

Its a 2013 Ka Edge.

Any other suggestions?

image.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club