Do Not Sell My Personal Information

brown (not black) areas of centre console

jimbob144

Hi, is it just mine or has everyone else go the brown console area from the frame of the satnav screen down and stopping just before the little storage where the usbs are located? It irritating me and im going to do something about the shade.

Im tempted to spray it, anyone done this, any other ideas , has anyone removed it and done this with success, can anyone recommend the methods, primers and paints for this job, for example would it be done in satin or matt??

thanks everyone, look forward to hearing views.

Sadly, the browny plastics around the screen are normal! Looks even worse when in bright sunlight! There have been some that have removed it and wrapped it in carbon vinyl, same with the shiny piano black bits on the centre console. Looks way better.

Yeah i noticed that in bright light, terrible look, i might just remove and spray having covered the buttons or the letters on the buttons and replace, going to look at lot better if i spray it, what you think?

18 hours ago, simonb65 said:

Sadly, the browny plastics around the screen are normal! Looks even worse when in bright sunlight! There have been some that have removed it and wrapped it in carbon vinyl, same with the shiny piano black bits on the centre console. Looks way better.

36 minutes ago, jimbob144 said:

Yeah i noticed that in bright light, terrible look, i might just remove and spray having covered the buttons or the letters on the buttons and replace, going to look at lot better if i spray it, what you think?

Wrapping in carbon is much more durable than paint... Paint will scratch easy, wrap is much more forgiving. (Yes, I know it's a different car, but I wrapped my trim in carbon...)

17556300_carbonradiotrim(2).thumb.jpg.41ccf9831d1b751644351cfdd650651e.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am just about to buy a 2018 Ford Edge and pointed this out to the dealer!  It looks awful in the sun.

How easy is it to remove the console fascia?  does anybody have a manual for this and exploded drawing to see how to remove.  I can then get it wrapped!

Thanks all.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club