Do Not Sell My Personal Information

66 Plate Cmax 1.5 Diesel

DMB1985

Hello all I'm after a bit of advice I have 66 plate diesel CMax with 11900 miles on the clock which i purchased a week ago and today the Auto start/stop is greyed out when the cars comes to a stop. is this a problem with the battery or is it as DPF problem or is this normal?

I use my car for work which is start/stop (29 mins) but then motorway once a week about 40 miles round trip.

This is my first car with a DPF so my two questions are:

1. Is the start/stop a battery problem or something else?

2. is my 29 minutes each way on the motorway enough time let the car regen it's dpf?

Also looking into a OBD that would be able to tell me info regarding the last regen and soot levels anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance 

Darren

1 hour ago, DMB1985 said:

Hello all I'm after a bit of advice I have 66 plate diesel CMax with 11900 miles on the clock which i purchased a week ago and today the Auto start/stop is greyed out when the cars comes to a stop. is this a problem with the battery or is it as DPF problem or is this normal?

I use my car for work which is start/stop (29 mins) but then motorway once a week about 40 miles round trip.

This is my first car with a DPF so my two questions are:

1. Is the start/stop a battery problem or something else?

2. is my 29 minutes each way on the motorway enough time let the car regen it's dpf?

Also looking into a OBD that would be able to tell me info regarding the last regen and soot levels anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance 

Darren

Not enough charge in the battery is the most common reason for Stop/Start not working but there are a lot of other reasons too. A full DPF would throw up a fault code, I doubt it would stop the S/Stop from working.

Your regular commute should be enough to keep the DPF clean.

For diagnostics on Ford cars, FORScan is far better than anything else. You should be able to see all that you asked about and a lot more. You should also be able to do a Static DPF Regeneration with FORScan although that is a last resort, it is better driving the car to clean the DPF because of the heat build up.

If you don't intend doing programming and want something portable then the phone version of FORScan is ideal with a wireless adaptor, far easier if you want to record Live Data on your journeys than driving with an open Laptop, but you need to be careful where you buy the adaptor and it needs to be compatible with your phone type.  

Thanks for the reply I’ve seen in the manual that having things plugged into the 12v socket can effect s/stop so I’ve unplugged my dash cam

I’ve been looking at wireless OBD do you have any recommendations I’ve seen a vliniker on amazon but it’s Chinese business. Also looked at mycarley not sure 

5 minutes ago, DMB1985 said:

I’ve been looking at wireless OBD do you have any recommendations I’ve seen a vliniker on Amazon but it’s Chinese business. Also looked at mycarley not sure 

A lot of people on this forum use the Wi Fi one from Tunnelrats  https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/  It will work on Android but I'm not sure about IOS.

I've not tried the other ones you mentioned, I've had my expensive bluetooth one for years.

I have a WiFi one from tunnel rat that works on my iPhone.  Forscan is free for windows and about 6 quid for Apple and android. 

Great thank you I will order a wireless one to use with my iPhone. Is it easy to see where the DPF info is?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DMB1985 said:

Great thank you I will order a wireless one to use with my iPhone. Is it easy to see where the DPF info is?

Have a read here, https://forscan.org/documentation_iOS.html  It will make more sense when you are set up.

The engine PID's are in the PCM and any useful battery related ones in the BCM. Scroll through or use the search function.

When you connect for the first time it takes a few minutes and will take you a while to work out how to work things so after you are connected it might be wise to start the engine to avoid draining your battery unless you have a charger connected.

15 hours ago, DMB1985 said:

Make sure you order a wi-fi one for IOS, bluetooth doesn't work on Iphones

Stop/Start is dependant on battery voltage AND load

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club