Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 163hp P2263, Can’t hone in on the problem!

Frz45

Hello! This is my first time posting! 
So I intentionally bought a broken 2011 Kuga Titanium 163 in Midnight Blue (Grey) for very little money, it has 170k miles! But that does not phase me. It has an existing issue of a P2263, turbo/supercharger performance. Now unlike say VW, its about as detailed as it gets. It will come up after clearing the code wether its reving it to 1300ish rpm while standing still or driving (not payed attention to when it will throw the code when driving) and put it into limp home mode. Now ive tested the actuator with a vacuum tester, moves freely, quietly and what looks to be its full length of travel, and if done with the engine running it will change the tone of the engine the further in it is pulled so ‘appears’ to be working in that sense. I had a couple maf’s kicking about so ive tried them all and all give the same readings, I had a new matching number pierberg actuator control valve on the shelf as I noticed its original was getting a bit warm a bit quick, so I've put that on and no change. Same goes for map sensor, I had a corresponding delphi on the shelf also, no change (can fire the parts cannon when they are already on the shelf? Right? 😅) Anyway back to the subject! So on live data (Autel MaxiAP) everything appears to be ok although I have no working vehicle to compare to, on start up and idle the actuator will go to 78-89%, but it doesn't change in what I would say is a linear fashion, but when you get to 1300ish rpm on stand still it will flash the engine malfunction and drop the actuator to 0%, of which it will not move again until the code is erased and a new drive cycle is started. 
 Now a few things I've done. Since its not telling me if its an under boost, over boost or the expected performance is too high or low Ive just had to do some assumptions so thus, blocked the egr incase of leakage, no change after doing so, the condition of the pre intercooler pipes was ropey (very oily and the crossover was rusty) so they have all been replace from turbo to intercooler and a smoke test performed of which no leaks were found in the entire system from airbox to intake manifold. Also at 3k rpm it has a bit of a stumble which I can’t find any cause of 🤔 So Im a bit lost and would greatly appreciate some input, advice and similar experiences! Thanks! Particular live data can and will be provided on request!  

I would suspect that after much trial and error you will eventually find that it needs a new Turbo which is why after 170K you got it cheap.

7 hours ago, unofix said:

I would suspect that after much trial and error you will eventually find that it needs a new Turbo which is why after 170K you got it cheap.

It has obviously crossed my mind, one of the things I was going to do today is pull the intake pipe aside and have a visual and physical inspection of the condition. Thanks!  

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club