Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Kuga rear differential is whining noise louder on acceleration though goes at 65mph+ returns slow down then goes

scott2007

I have bought a 2014 Ford Kuga 2.0Tdci and may have bitten off more than I can chew! I knew it required an o/s/r hub assembly, i figured this was what was making the noise. I have changed this and the noise is worse than it was before!

As you accelerate, the louder it gets until you hit 65mph+ then as I decelerate it returns and slowly slows. The noise it is making is like a whirring and/or humming noise. It sounds goosed and so I am limiting the use of this vehicle until it is sorted.

My only problem is, I can't find anyone who's willing to remove it, recondition it, re-fit it to the car. I am in Blackpool, Lancashire, UK. We are all on the look out for a good deal but hey, what ever the going rate is! 

Even if someone has one in good condition that's a swap? Could I really get THAT lucky though? Obviously at a cost to me as I have the broken one lol

It probably wants the Haldex pump and filter replaced and the oil changed. I'm not sure on your model but on the 2010 AWD Kuga you need to remove the propshaft (good luck with that !!!) to be able to get the Haldex pump out.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club