Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Limp mode need help

Jakestablygg

Hi. I need help guys!!!!!

I have a ford kuga 2.0 diesel 2010. When you start the car it idles fine and sounds great. Moments after you start driving, the abs light turns on and traction light too (this doesnt effect the drive at all) - then all of a sudden, under hard acceleration, you get a 'engine malfunction' warning and the car goes into a limp home mode. If you turn the car off and turn it back on, its great - until you accelerate hard again.

The car throws up the codes P1168 and P1169. These are apparently to do with the fuel lines? Ive replaced the fuel filter already.

Anyone had this issue before?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Does this share the same 2.0 diesel Engine as the Ford Edge and S-Max? If so, it could be the high pressure oil solenoid. I had this twice on my Edge where it would drive fine round town but as soon I got it on the motorway and accelerated hard, the yellow spanner light would come on and it would go into limp mode. This would clear when the ignition was turned off and on again until hard acceleration again. The solenoid is easy to change and is only held on with one bolt (both instances I had, they were changed under warranty).

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, 

please did you manage to resolve this? I am having the same issue after swapping the fuel filter. 
thanks 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club