Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Suspension problem nsf


Recommended Posts

Just had new suspension arm fitted for mot. 
week later and it’s come apart. Cracked on hub joint behind wheel  at bottom. 
Not sure what it’s called. 
garage where it was done have offered to fit replacement for free if I can find one. 
new from ford is scary expensive. 
he called it a “steering knuckle/hub bearing carrier” not sure if that’s right. 
I believe it’s actually called the “stub axle”. 

any ideas for a replacement that won’t break the bank. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To me the Stub axle is the rear as it is a fixed axle with bearing and hub that the wheel attaches to.

Front Hub/knuckle is right...the suspension arm ball joint goes in the bottom, shock absorber in the top, steering track rod end (ball joint) on the side and it all swivels to allow for turning.

Ford part diagram - item 1

Looks like a few choices depending on numerous things.

Ebay example   You'll need to find the right part of course.

I can't imagine that broke on it's own accord, probably why they will fit for free.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...