Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Exhaust smells fumey (mk1 ford KA 2008)

GeorgiaMae
聽Share

Hi, just bought a KA, 2008 plate. Since having the car the past week I have noticed there is a bad smell coming from the exhaust, I don't really know how to explain it, but its a strong fumey smell, worst when revs are higher, can't smell it inside of cabin unless I open the window and rev. The car generally idles and drives smoothly, but I feel its fuel consumption isn't great, but my last car was a twingo 1.2 eco so I don't know how to compare the consumption, and with the rise in fuel prices it's hard to tell if the car is using a lot of fuel or if it just seems like it because of the cost of filling up. Didn't notice any issues when I went to view the car, but now I'm wondering if I've been finessed lol聽馃槀. I know its hard to say without looking at the car but I was wondering if this is a common issue for ka's, and if its cheap to fix. This car is in good condition and only had one owner before me, 29k mileage. (there isn't a temp gauge so I can't tell how hot the engine is getting, but the fan doesn't come on)

Any advice is appreciated 馃檪

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club