Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Edge Power Tailgate UK

TonyBris

Hi all, I'm just about to buy my first Edge!  a 2018 ST Line.  It has a power tailgate but no wave your foot under the back of the bumper to open.  is this right for the model?  The boot has a sticker with the instructions on it but I can't find the sensor.

was it an optional extra at new or standard for all models.?

Thanks!

By all accounts it's not that reliable. A previous owner may have used FORScan to turn that function off, or it maybe you just haven't quite yet found the magic spot to stick your foot under.

Cheers Unofix, I'll see if I can locate the sensor on the bumper.  I had a look and thought it wasn't there.  if anybody has a picture of the under bumper and can post here where the sensor is then I can look.

5 hours ago, TonyBris said:

if anybody has a picture of the under bumper and can post here where the sensor is

I don't know where Ford mount the sensors, but on Land Rover Discovery and on Jaguar F-Pace the sensors are mounted near the rear wheels on each side. The sensors are on brackets and not part of the bumper. One big problem with both of those cars was that when you jet washed near the wheel arch it used to open the tailgate.

A software update normally fixes it. Puma and Kuga were having the same issues

My Edge sensor was right in the middle (not that I have actually seen it), activated by a swift kicking motion in and out.  

2 things I have learnt about my car now in the last week and I have had my edge over 2 years now. This and the camera power wash. Haha just finding more and more toys to play with. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club