Do Not Sell My Personal Information

DAB radio takes forever to change stations

kingdave

As the title says, it takes forever to tune to a DAB station. I have a Grand C-Max Titanium model from 2018, and when I hit the screen to change from one preset station to another it can take up to 15 seconds to tune in.

Initially the screen says a message like [BLOCK] (e.g. 11D) Station not found, then all of a sudden it will tune to the station after 10-15 seconds. When changing from one station to another on the same block or multiplex I don't get the issue (e.g. tuning from BBC R2 to BBC 6M) but when switching multiplexes I do (e.g. BBC 6M to Absolute Radio)

Is there anyway to speed this up at all, or finding out what's causing it? The Sony radio I had on my older Fiesta would switch near instantly!

Thanks

Kill it LOL by that i mean total reset and autotune if it does that

• Like 1

It sounds to me very much like the programmed in stations have stored the wrong frequency for that station in your area. So when you choose a pre-set it first is selecting the station and then scanning to find a stronger signal. Do as James has said and just clear the lot and let it autotune before storing the pre-sets

• Like 1

Also stations tend to move so i retune once a month as there are additions and deductions from the network.

Thanks. I'll give that a go 🙂

So time for a silly question...

How do you do this?

I've done into the the settings for the system and done a master reset, but when it started up again all that was changed was my display preferences and it has forgotten bluetooth connections. The presets were still present and it didn't ask me to retune

One sure way to force a retune of the presets is to first tune each and every button to BBC Radio 1.

Then after that just use the auto search and store, it will find all the stations in your area with the strongest signals.

All You will need to do is turn the radio off by pressing and holding the volume button then hold the number 6 button as You turn it back on and that should reset it.

Or google reset dpending on which sync you have

@kingdave  My 2017 Sync 3 focus does exactly the same thing, and I havent found a way around it other than use FM stations instead of DAB - which change near instantaneous.

As you say, I think it just has issues when changing between multiplexes.

• 1 month later...

There is another thread on this forum of others having the same issue, though the posts were a few years old. My 2017 CMax has it. The dealer updated something a couple years ago (APIM firmware I suspect) and it was greatly improved for a couple of months, but has been bad again ever since.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club