Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio not working

PeterBfd

Hi All,

Today the radio was on standby, when I pressed the standby to turn it on, the symbol disappears and then appears again and does not turn the radio on.

Any ideas....

Thinking maybe a power saver due to low battery so I have out the battery on charge ?

You should charge the car battery for a full 12 hours. Do not disconnect it or remove it from the car.

The battery charger should have the positive lead connected directly to the battery positive terminal but it is very important that the negative battery lead is connected to the vehicles chassis earth point and not the battery negative. The BMS will sense the battery being charged and know the the State Of Charge (SOC) of the car battery has been increased.

• Like 1

The car is on charge and i will leave it overnight.

It is the entertainment area which will not turn on.

All the other screens work fine

I believe I have sync 2

• Like 1

It may well sort itself out after a good charge. I hope you have the negative lead connected to the chassis earth point so that the BMS can monitor the recharge.

If after the battery has been fully charged, you still have problems with the radio, then disconnect the battery for 20 minutes and then reconnect. It will cause the radio system to reinitialise

OK, yes negative connected to body. Done this few times now to get the start stop working.

I have located the radio fuse and taken it out and it looks fine.

Put it back in and it now buzzing from the Speakers

• Like 1

Just gone back out to the car and all is now fine. Odd.

Will just put it down to low battery and doing odd things due to being low.

The reverse beep was sounding odd also the other day, separate issue but a low battery may be the comman factor.

Still on charge, will see how it over the next few days

The reverse sensors beep reminded me actually, before I replaced my battery I had a few of the same issues...

- Reverse sensors would have a different sound occasionally, only reset by switching car off and on. (Instead of a solid beep when close to obstacle, it'd just be a really really fast beep with a different tone).
- Heated windscreen wouldn't work.
- Auto stop start wouldn't work.
- Heated seat wouldn't work, but that must be different as still not working.
- Only once, but had the same entertainment issue as you with Sync2. Eventually just reset itself.

battery was getting around 5 years old at the time and since the replacement, has sorted all the issues minus the heated seat.

Soon after I bought the car, the battery was flat one day. I got it charged enough from another car and took it to Halfords.

They tested the battery and said it was fine. So bought a battery charger and charged it up  it was then fine and has been fine since (assumed sat in garage for a while)

I sometimes charge it up full again as after a week or so the heated screen and start/stop does not work.

These have rarely worked in the almost 3 years I have had the car (not a major issue apart from when it is icy).

I just feel there is too much going on in the car for the battery that it takes.

Fully charged now will be OK for a good amount of time (albeit the start/stop will stop working very soon).

MOT due next month, so will ask them to check out the battery then.

On 5/16/2022 at 4:50 PM, PeterBfd said:

Soon after I bought the car, the battery was flat one day.

Happened to mine. I put it on a 'Maximiser' Charger and it's still going strong 4 1/2 years later! I believe they are never charged to 100% SOC when they are delivered from factory to car assembly plant. The car never sees a fully charged battery yet the BMS is probably reset during the end-of-line production tests. From that point onwards the battery never gets fully charged or conditioned as the BMS will drop the alternator charge when it thinks it's up to '100%' ... which it new is. So over time, the battery cells just slowly degrade, until they are give a fully conditioned charge cycle.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club