Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squealing coming from front right wheel

Liam94

Hello all,

I have a 2010 mk4 mondeo and I’ve recently noticed a high pitched squealing coming from the front right wheel while driving and braking but the squealing stops when I steer left. Does anyone have any idea what this could be as the brake pads are fine and still have plenty of friction plate left on them so that rules out wear indicators

• Like 1

brake pads worn down to the indicator marks make a squealing sound

Have you checked the inside pad?  Sometimes the outside one can have plenty of friction material but the inner one worn out.

Chances are it is one of the pads.  If not worn, it could be sticking and not releasing far enough.  That can make the pad just catch the disc while driving, then centripetal force moves it away by a fraction of a mm when you turn left.

I had an intermittent squeaking a few weeks back so I took both front wheels callipers and pads off to check them and they were all fine put new copper grease on and replaced them and they were fine until the other day when this constant squeaking started  

I was thinking it could be something rubbing on the disk or the calliper is seizing but I’ve got no tools with me to check these until I go home in a few weeks

7 minutes ago, Liam94 said:

I was thinking it could be something rubbing on the disk or the calliper is seizing but I’ve got no tools with me to check these until I go home in a few weeks

Could be a stone caught in the disc guard.  I'm not really sure what we can suggest if you've got no way to check things though.

• Like 2

Just trying to get a few ideas that I can check when I get home I’m trying to source some tools to get the wheel off where I am so then at least I can have a proper look 

Stone in disc guard most likely as tom has already said. 

I’ve sorted out a jack and wheel brace so I’ll be finding out later 

Had the car up on the jack and span the wheel couldn’t hear the squeaking took the week off and checked all ball joints, both of the cv boots, The brake pads and the suspension all of them were ok I span the brake disc and could hear a slight grinding I think the squeaking is either my calliper seizing or the bearing has gone 

• Like 1

Try removing calliper and or disk would tell you if it’s wheel bearing or brake issue. Best of luck

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club