Do Not Sell My Personal Information

no gps signal

Andy138

hi guys does anyone know why I'm getting a no GPS signal on my mk4 mondeo titanium x, many thanks 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Andy138,

I believe on your year of Mondeo the GPS is in the base of the FM antenna and are well known for water ingress which runs onto the cable connector and upsets the signal. I would have a look around the base and remove the antenna to check if water has got in as a start. Then check and clean/dry out the connector at the module end as ultimately that's where the water ends up.

Cheers

Steve

• Like 1

On 8/3/2022 at 1:57 PM, Kilo82 said:

Hi @Andy138,

I believe on your year of Mondeo the GPS is in the base of the FM antenna and are well known for water ingress which runs onto the cable connector and upsets the signal. I would have a look around the base and remove the antenna to check if water has got in as a start. Then check and clean/dry out the connector at the module end as ultimately that's where the water ends up.

Cheers

Steve

hi steve sorry for the late reply, many thanks for your message I'll have a look, thanks again

6 hours ago, Andy138 said:

hi steve sorry for the late reply, many thanks for your message I'll have a look, thanks again

No problem Andy, let us know how you get on 👍🏻

could you squirt clear silicone into the ariel to stop ingress

not sure to be honest, had a look at the antenna its badley cracked may water is getting in there.maybe it needs changing this is what I need

42 minutes ago, Andy138 said:

not sure to be honest, had a look at the antenna its badley cracked may water is getting in there.maybe it needs changing this is what I need

If it’s cracked Andy it’s more than likely shot so needs to be replaced, as I said above this common through age 

• Like 1

I read these have been  discontinued, do you know if there's an aftermarket arial base ???

if discontinued try Aliexpress and the like