Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whats this?

Recommended Posts

Hi all,

Whilst changing the filter on my 63 plate Mondeo 2.0 tdci I came across this jammed against the side of the housing, between the filter and the housing wall.

Has a full ford service history up until I bought it. So not impressed .

Anyone any idea?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not the only one without a clue then. 🤣

It looks like some sort of rubber plug for somewhere. Cant think it would be attached to anything in the oil filter housing but I suppose it could have been knocked off somewhere getting the filter into place. It is in A ***** stupid position on that engine.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Isn't that the sorting hat from Harry Potter? :laugh: 

The only thing I've seen that looks similar is an oil filler cap 'surround'.  I can't even remember if they're fitted to that engine though.  Is there a hole all the way through it or is the other end closed?  Another few picture angles might help jog someone's memory?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...