Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


Keyless entry issue


phawdon
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hi
Mondeo Titanium X Business 2.0 Mk 4.5 Diesel on a 14 plate.

I have keyless entry which was working fine until this week. Took the car in to get some paintwork done and afterwards noticed that driver side keyless entry isn't working (both front and rear doors). Passenger side working fine still. Fob press opens and locks as usual.

I do have the occasional Low battery warning on dash and am planning to replace the battery which looks like it may be the original.

Any ideas? Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites


22 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Yes, change the battery, but not for a cheap one

Just ordered a Bosch S5 110. Fingers crossed it does the trick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, phawdon said:

Just ordered a Bosch S5 110. Fingers crossed it does the trick.

Should you not have been replacing the battery in the key (CR2032) ?

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


11 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Erm, yes. I meant in the key

 

On 8/25/2022 at 3:24 PM, unofix said:

Should you not have been replacing the battery in the key (CR2032) ?

 

Haha Doh! No harm done in replacing the starter battery I guess. 

Ill try a new fob battery though.

Strange that it works on passenger side though. Also the paintwork was done on the driver's side front and rear doors.. coincidence? Maybe.. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, phawdon said:

Strange that it works on passenger side though. Also the paintwork was done on the driver's side front and rear doors.. coincidence? Maybe.. 

Did they remove the door handles for painting ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Did they remove the door handles for painting ?

I don't know but I would very much doubt it as the area requiring painting was at the bottom of each door and covered a pretty small area. It's possible though. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, unofix said:

OK. 

Have you fitted the new car battery yet? 

Yes.

Not got the replacement fob batteries yet though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If changing the keyfob battery makes no difference (and I think it probably won't) then you are going to need to use FORScan to see why the keyless entry on those two doors is not working.

Download FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

Connecting cable 'vLinker FS' : https://www.obd2shop.co.uk/wholesale/vgate-vlinker-fs-elm327-for-ford.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwgaeYBhBAEiwAvMgp2jZ2uCGibyz-v1R4CNoNuRZfCmktxY_jUFI14gmDD-CtXad4JRUvcxoCAE4QAvD_BwE

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, unofix said:

If changing the keyfob battery makes no difference (and I think it probably won't) then you are going to need to use FORScan to see why the keyless entry on those two doors is not working.

Download FORScan: https://forscan.org/download.html

Connecting cable 'vLinker FS' : https://www.obd2shop.co.uk/wholesale/vgate-vlinker-fs-elm327-for-ford.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwgaeYBhBAEiwAvMgp2jZ2uCGibyz-v1R4CNoNuRZfCmktxY_jUFI14gmDD-CtXad4JRUvcxoCAE4QAvD_BwE

New fob battery made no difference.

Ive ordered the cable. Will post again when I've tried it. Thanks for your help.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Hi I have a 2022 fiesta vignale. Keyless entry has worked no bother until this weekend. Now the driver door won’t open keyless but the passenger door will. Only thing different was the car was washed, but nil else. I’ve gone onto ford pass and it’s said to go to instrument stack, settings then vehicle settings and chose doors to use. But I don’t have vehicle settings under the settings section. Totally flummoxed 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Put the car battery on charge overnight and the problem will go away.

Connect positive charger lead to battery terminal, and connect the negative charger lead to the chassis earth point - NOT to the battery terminal.

SOC.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




×
×
  • Create New...

Forums


News


Membership