Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Mondeo Powershift Issue

Charliekb

Hi, 

My 13plate Mondeo with Powershift Auto (I know...a bad choice) has been jolting through gears on the first mile or so of my morning drive. After about a mile the gear changes are smooth and I have no issues. This only occurs after leaving the car off for any time over 9 ish hours.

The Transmission Function Limited warning came up once after alot of intermittent gear jolts but I turned of the car and turned it back on and it had cleared and drove fine. I had the same issue back in Janurary (only 8 months ago) and had the Gearbox oil and filter changed which had solved the issue until now.

I haven't seen any sign of leaks under the car or on my drive so I'm not sure what the issue can be considering the car will drive perfectly fine with real smooth gear changes about 5 minutes after setting off...

Any help in this is much appreciated!

Thankyou 

Ensure your battery is in good condition, poor power performance makes these go a bit doo-lally.

Ensure all of your earth points are clean and good too.

12 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

Ensure your battery is in good condition, poor power performance makes these go a bit doo-lally.

Ensure all of your earth points are clean and good too.

Didn't think of that, I did have a low battery warning come up today and yesterday also! Maybe I'll try a new battery, might save me alot of money haha thankyou 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club