Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Driving in Europe

Gdev

I am taking my 67 plate Edge Sport to Europe for the first time. It has adaptive headlights, is there a setting to adjust for driving on the other side of the road or does the adaptive headlights take this to account?

There is usually a setting in the drivers menu to change them to right hand traffic. 

On 9/18/2022 at 12:54 PM, Gdev said:

I am taking my 67 plate Edge Sport to Europe for the first time. It has adaptive headlights, is there a setting to adjust for driving on the other side of the road or does the adaptive headlights take this to account?

The car won't know that you are driving on the right. You will need to change the settings in the on-screen menu. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pete Terry said:

The car won't know that you are driving on the right. You will need to change the settings in the on-screen menu. 

Modern cars should know which side you're driving on (or should be on!!) using GPS.  

Would be easy enough to make an automatic switch for LHD countries, though I'm not sure if any manufacturers do.

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Modern cars should know which side you're driving on (or should be on!!) using GPS.  

Would be easy enough to make an automatic switch for LHD countries, though I'm not sure if any manufacturers do.

If it’s as reliable as the traffic sign recognition then I’d still rather do it manually. 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2022 at 12:54 PM, Gdev said:

is there a setting to adjust for driving on the other side of the road or does the adaptive headlights take this to account?

19 hours ago, unofix said:

Thanks for sharing, however I don’t have this option! 

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Gdev said:

however I don’t have this option! 

Have you had a look using FORScan to see if you can enable the option in the IPC ?

Sounds silly but are you sure you've got the LED adaptive headlights? The standard lights have auto high beam I believe but not the full adaptive.

Have you definitely got the DRL beam going around the bottom of your headlights as below?

fordedgeheadlights.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/21/2022 at 8:00 AM, Trent Edge said:

Sounds silly but are you sure you've got the LED adaptive headlights? The standard lights have auto high beam I believe but not the full adaptive.

Have you definitely got the DRL beam going around the bottom of your headlights as below?

fordedgeheadlights.jpg

Quite likely. Looking through the sales brochures it looks like the Adaptive Lighting was standard only on the Vignale and an optional extra on the Zetec, Titanium and Sport/ST-Line models.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club