Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo 2016 EcoBoost Titanium 2.0L Petrol - Engine Power / Specification Query

Rick900

Hi All. I've just bought a 2016 reg Mondeo Estate Auto Ecoboost Titanium 2.0L Petrol. It was advertised by a Ford main dealer as 240HP, like they all seem to be.

However, I've found a FordEtis printout in the glovebox, which lists the engine as "2.0L EcoBoost (200PS) - M14". Also states RHD and Territory as (+) "GB".

There is little online info I can find on the 200 (203?)PS 2L petrol Titaniums (Autotrader only list this engine on pre-2014 models and the Etis manufacture date for mine is Sep 15. Also, AT doesn't find the car from the reg alone, as it no longer has its original plate after a personalised plate was removed, so details have to be manually entered).

Have I been sold an odd-ball, or at least accidentally mis-sold as the description was 240 BHP? The door pillar sticker also says 200 PS (maybe 203, but not 240 / 237).

The car is very nice otherwise.

Thanks for any info (before I call the Dealer...).

6-Speed Automatic - 6F Mid-Range.

Also states it's Euro 6 Emmissions.

Only just seen this post.

Rick, that sounds most odd.

2016 is a Mk5 Mondeo. Transmission is called a "6F Mid Range" - that is a normal torque converter type trans made by Ford USA - the only fitment you can have in a 2L Ecoboost Mk5 Petrol Mondeo. (No servicing required to this transmission)

Also the 2L Petrol Ecoboost is standard at 240ps on Mk4.5 and Mk5 Mondeo.

Only Early engines in Mk4 Mondeo year 2010 were 203ps (some of these vehs carried over onto 2011 but they are not "genuine" 2011 model year vehs).

2011 model year vehs onwards were known as Mk4.5 (Facelift) (with Getrag Powershift Transmissions) and were 240ps. 

This same engine continued to the Mk5 but the trans moved over to the 6F midrange type

I cant see how it is possible you could have a 203ps engine in your veh as the 203ps was discontinued in 2010

If you want to send me a PM with the VIN number (and reg) I can check it out on ETIS for you 

1 hour ago, TrevorB said:

Only just seen this post.

Rick, that sounds most odd.

2016 is a Mk5 Mondeo. Transmission is called a "6F Mid Range" - that is a normal torque converter type trans made by Ford USA - the only fitment you can have in a 2L Ecoboost Mk5 Petrol Mondeo. (No servicing required to this transmission)

Also the 2L Petrol Ecoboost is standard at 240ps on Mk4.5 and Mk5 Mondeo.

Only Early engines in Mk4 Mondeo year 2010 were 203ps (some of these vehs carried over onto 2011 but they are not "genuine" 2011 model year vehs).

2011 model year vehs onwards were known as Mk4.5 (Facelift) (with Getrag Powershift Transmissions) and were 240ps. 

This same engine continued to the Mk5 but the trans moved over to the 6F midrange type

I cant see how it is possible you could have a 203ps engine in your veh as the 203ps was discontinued in 2010

If you want to send me a PM with the VIN number (and reg) I can check it out on ETIS for you 

I'm no expert where the 2.0 ecoboost is concerned. I took my info from etis and assumed there were 200hp versions. May be in some markets? 

Screenshot_20220930-205444.png

Hi Ian,

I only know/quote uk market and the 203ps ecoboost was only used in 2010 model year Mondeo. The release of the Mk4.5 Mondeo (facelift) was also the introduction of 240ps engines

6F Midrange transmission is 6F35.

If they've advertised it as a 240PS and it is in fact a 200PS then they have misrepresented and miss sold.

You could ask for a refund and return the car or ask for a discount, I would, if you're happy with the car.

How many miles has it done?

If it's over 40,000 and the transmission fluid hasn't been changed, change it

Dave, there is no service requirement for a 6F35 transmission.

As said in my earlier posts, there is something most odd if it is a 203ps engine, they were discontinued very soon after introduction, when the Mk4.5 (face lift) came out in 2011 all ecoboost went to 240ps.

If Rick sends me his VIN number I can check it out

2 hours ago, TrevorB said:

Dave, there is no service requirement for a 6F35 transmission.

Correct and at 30,000 miles the oil is shot, see some of the youtube posts from our friends over the pond.

OP, Change the fluid👍

Dave, you did not make it clear that it is not an official requirement.

The "oil is shot" that's a worthless statement/opinion/comment.

You can't actually "change the fluid" in the normal manner - a fair amount of oil always remains in the converter - you can drain and refill the trans itself two/three/four times in order to give it a good flush thru. I do know of one guy who actually took the trans out, took converter off and drained it and the transmission completely once!!

Years ago some manufacturers used to have an inspection plate below the converter area and there was an actual drain plug in the converter.

From experience I don't take much notice of what opinions we hear about from "them over the pond".

I have spent many hours over the years investigating Focus St 5 pot and 4 pot engine failures in the uk, when expanded to over the pond, the figures became very misconstrued, as you would not believe the number of failures across the pond that are caused by vehs being driven totally wrong by drivers who are brought up on automatics and just don't know any better, hence failure numbers are meaningless.

But hey, we digress - just need the VIN from the OP - otherwise it's just a waste of worthless chit chat

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club