Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Edge 2016 Drivers door mirror won’t open

barry1959

Ford Edge Sport 2016 Drivers door mirror not opening it did open intermittently now not at all the passenger one works okay. Yesterday it did open I did try to sync them according to Ford Video on YouTube the should click when they sync they did not click. Does anyone have any ideas please should I ring the the warranty company would this be covered. Thanks

28 minutes ago, barry1959 said:

should I ring the the warranty company would this be covered

Have you just bought this Ford Edge from a garage ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, unofix said:

Have you just bought this Ford Edge from a garage ?

Yes two months ago I live in the Northeast the garage is in Cardiff I did get a warranty with the car. The mirror works fine it just won’t open. I have checked the fuse box it looks like each mirror works on a separate fuse25 if I have read the diagram correctly the fuse covers the window and mirror the mirror itself and the window are both working.

5 hours ago, barry1959 said:

the window and mirror the mirror itself and the window are both working.

That would make me think that it is the motor in the mirror that opens and closes it.

Have you got a multimeter ?

If you get to the connector of the mirror you will be able to check if there is a supply to the motor when you try to open or close it.

You need to look at the signals coming out of the Drivers Door Module (DDM). Some wiring diagrams I have that may help that all reference the mirrors  ...

WRFM15EDGE092a.pdfWRFM15EDGE072a.pdfWRFM15EDGE057a.pdf

I had a mirror on my old Kuga that became very slow and strained until it gave up with a fault code that said the motor drive was open circuit. So I guess it burnt itself out or a connection just got high resistance. Ended up getting a whole new mirror assembly ... wasn't cheap!

1 hour ago, unofix said:

That would make me think that it is the motor in the mirror that opens and closes it.

Have you got a multimeter ?

If you get to the connector of the mirror you will be able to check if there is a supply to the motor when you try to open or close it.

Hi Thanks for the advice I have  a multimeter I have been watching some videos on YouTube on how to get to the back of the switches to check the connections.It seems I can remove that part of that part of the door panel alone then I can check power in and out apparently it could be faulty connections knowing my luck it will be the motor. I wonder if there is a way of opening it so I can use it.

Hi Thanks for the advice I have  a multimeter I have been watching some videos on YouTube on how to get to the back of the switches to check the connections.It seems I can remove that part of that part of the door panel alone then I can check power in and out apparently it could be faulty connections knowing my luck it will be the motor. I wonder if there is a way of opening it so I can use it.

All sorted it opened eventually it must be a faulty switch I have turned off auto fold for now.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club