Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Headlight issues

Habib987

Hi all, just bought a ford galaxy titanium 2015 mk3,  having a major issue regarding the headlights. 

When i switch on the engine the headlights front and back automatically come on, the light switch is in O position. These cannot be the daytime running lights because they are normally LEDs. These are the actual  headlights front and back and bottom side lights that come on.When in the O position I would expect the head lights to be off.

When I turn the light switch to the 2nd position the headlights go off and bottom side lights (next to fog light s) come on.

When I put in the 3rd position (main headlights) the headlights and bottom side lights come and the dash and radio lights come on.

When I turn to auto position the headlights/ bottom side lights work but the dash cluster lights up but the lights on the radio don't come on.

ON all 4 positions the headlight symbol on the dash is lit up. 

I'm totally confused.

Any help will be really appreciated.  Thanks

My guess is a faulty BCM which controls the lights, but others on this forum may have different ideas...

2 hours ago, alanfp said:

My guess is a faulty BCM which controls the lights, but others on this forum may have different ideas...

Thanks for the reply, I've also been told on another ford forum, that it is a software issue. I'm supposedly to get a ford garage to update the software on the car. However like always I'm skeptical to go to a Ford dealer because of all the unnecessary things, they pick out on the car. 

Someone has been playing with FORscan and has activated Scandinavian mode.

If you don't want the feature, buy a decent ELM lead, get FORscan, go into BCM and press LOAD FACTORY AB, it will download and set all configurations to as it left the facorty. Click write all and it'll be sorted

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, DaveT70 said:

and has activated Scandinavian mode.

Well I never thought of that..... Good spot!  It was the "lights are on when switch is in 'off' position" that led me down the faulty BCM route, because I had that in the past, but I reckon you're probably right, Dave.

16 hours ago, Habib987 said:

ON all 4 positions the headlight symbol on the dash is lit up. 

I believe that's actually a 'lights on' symbol, not 'headlights on' symbol, so that would be correct in all the 4 cases you describe.

26 minutes ago, alanfp said:

I believe that's actually a 'lights on' symbol, not 'headlights on' symbol, so that would be correct in all the 4 cases you describe.

Correct

15 hours ago, alanfp said:

Thanks for the reply, I've also been told on another ford forum, that it is a software issue. I'm supposedly to get a ford garage to update the software on the car. However like always I'm skeptical to go to a Ford dealer because of all the unnecessary things, they pick out on the car. 

Thanks guys for the replies, as both if you agree, I will definitely look into the forscan option. However, I've never used forscan and is it really as simple as you say? I will look it up and let you know what's happening with the lights. Thanks 

4 hours ago, DaveT70 said:

Someone has been playing with FORscan and has activated Scandinavian mode.

If you don't want the feature, buy a decent ELM lead, get FORscan, go into BCM and press LOAD FACTORY AB, it will download and set all configurations to as it left the facorty. Click write all and it'll be sorted

Thanks mate, I'm gonna look into that. Will forscan already have the software or will I have to get it from somewhere. I'll give it a go later.

Hi buddy, just been trying to get forscan to sort out the issue, however I followed the instructions, but I get a message saying "no changes made"

Once connected and the info was displayed, I saved my data, then went to configuration on left, it only shows BCM (main) and BCM module.

I cannot see "BCM as built", although there is "as built" written next to other modules. 

Is "Main" same as "as built"??

Look at the very bottom of the screen. There is a button (tab) marked 'AB'

It's not very clear but AB is the AsBuilt file. Make sure your laptop is within range of Wifi.

On 10/15/2022 at 7:27 PM, unofix said:

Look at the very bottom of the screen. There is a button (tab) marked 'AB'

It's not very clear but AB is the AsBuilt file. Make sure your laptop is within range of Wifi.

There'll be a button marked "Load Factory AB", click that and (if you're in Wi-fi range, which you should always be) it will download the factory configuration and load it into the module.

Then click the "write all" button and it will revert back to standard

On 10/17/2022 at 7:41 AM, DaveT70 said:

There'll be a button marked "Load Factory AB", click that and (if you're in Wi-fi range, which you should always be) it will download the factory configuration and load it into the module.

Then click the "write all" button and it will revert back to standard

Thanks guys, I managed to get it done. Really appreciate all the great advice. Learnt a few new things aswell.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club