Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk 2 2000 Mondeo. All my issues.

Anarchrox

I have a 2000 HE Mondeo Verona. It has the following issues (bought it second hand).

1) Drivers door central locking control doesn't work (pull handle) but passenger side will.

2) Passenger window controls only work going up but not down and only on passenger door. Drivers side control for passenger window works fine. (Suspect switch on door)

3) Fuel cover opener rarely works and takes a tonne of tries. (might give it some wd40 as it's a bit stiff.

4) Radio turns off with bumps but replacing the stereo this weekend so I hope that sorts the wiring issue.

5) Air con doesn't work, fans blow but it's ambient air. I don't know the amperage of the relay (manual is no help) in order to switch it out and find out if it's just that. I suspect 70amp but I don't know for sure. Booked in for an air con service but if I can replace the relay and it works then I save $100 by buying a relay instead of the full service.

6) just remarking on Mondeos having the same damned issues. I had to replace the passenger side front weather strip as it was rooted and filled with what seemed like crumbly gyprock (every other one at the wreckers had the same issue but I made another work), all of the outer housing to the cigarette lighters were broken same as mine and all had damaged or missing front Ford badges.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Anarchrox said:

just remarking on Mondeos having the same damned issues. I had to replace the passenger side front weather strip as it was rooted and filled with what seemed like crumbly gyprock (every other one at the wreckers had the same issue but I made another work), all of the outer housing to the cigarette lighters were broken same as mine and all had damaged or missing front Ford badges.

and the other strange thing they had in common was they were all nearly 23 years old 🤔

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, unofix said:

and the other strange thing they had in common was they were all nearly 23 years old 🤔

One of them was a 2020 and also had the same issues I listed as common issues. I was at a wrecking yard looking for parts for mine.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club