Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help fitting speedo dash surround please

LAL42

I recently (stupidly) glued my magnetic car phone holder to the dash, after the self adhesive pad kept failing. The minute I did this I regretted it!! The stupid thing has now fell off and I'm left with a cosmetically damaged speedo dash surround. I've found quite a few cheap replacements on eBay, but wondered how easy it is to fit myself? Any help greatly appreciated. Louise

Screenshot_20221026-184512_eBay.jpg

Never done this on a Ka before but from your photo, looks like there are two screws on the upper rim, and once removed, it should carefully pull out held in with some friction clips. However, to be very sure, hang on a bit as someone may give definitive advice. Yep, 'gluing' anything to a cosmetic bit of trim was bound to end in tears...

Oh, and you may like to get a 'suction' phone holder stuck to your dash with a proper 3M disc of self adhesive tape, will stick well, and would also be able to be removed should you need it.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

Never done this on a Ka before but from your photo, looks like there are two screws on the upper rim, and once removed, it should carefully pull out held in with some friction clips. However, to be very sure, hang on a bit as someone may give definitive advice. Yep, 'gluing' anything to a cosmetic bit of trim was bound to end in tears...

Oh, and you may like to get a 'suction' phone holder stuck to your dash with a proper 3M disc of self adhesive tape, will stick well, and would also be able to be removed should you need it.

.....is there anybody there ?

Will Louise be back ? 🤣

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Looks like another couple of screw holes behind the radio as well.  

Indeed, missed that! I reckon it'll be farmed out to someone to do :biggrin:

• Like 1

Well I see that Louise had a sneaky look back at the thread 5 hours ago. I assume from the total lack of response  she was not impressed by your ideas 🤣🤣

What was it you once said "it's like knocking on someones door and running away like a kid" 😧

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

... I assume from the total lack of response  she was not impressed by your ideas

Maybe we should send one posters an automated email 2 days after their post. Something like when you are on a shopping site, and they email you later saying, 'we noticed that you have an item in your basket but failed to checkout - is there something we can help you with?:laughing:

• Like 1

That's a good idea !!!

and sign them up for a free lifetime membership of Readers Digest and Watch Tower 🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club