Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aircon troubles

Dagman

Hi folks, I have a unique problem but maybe someone has an idea. Last year I bought an aircon refill kit, the ezchill type inc hose, gauge, trigger, cylinder. All fine and system was working after I used it. But, since then the pressure in the system although up, but I think it's low in actual coolant so it has lessened in effect. Now then... bear with me... I was going to vent the pressure from the system with the kit hose (safely) but find that when I try to remove the hose from the refill cylinder the cylinder fails to reseal so I have to leave them together. So I cant use the hose with it's much needed connector. Also when I come to refill the system, I want to make sure a good amount of coolant passes from the cylinder to the system so should I hold it upside down for longer in case I'm just putting pressure in and not the coolant. Not sure of the cylinder inside see! Anyways, hope you can help! Many thanks.

• Sad 1

These cans are more trouble than they're worth tbh.  I'm amazed Halfords can still get away with selling them to the general public.

There is no way to safely vent AC gas to atmosphere.  It needs to be recovered by a proper AC machine and then filled with the correct amount.  Honestly, give up with the can.

The heavy stuff you can feel in the can isn't the refrigerant, it's leak seal and lubricating oil.  This MUST be distributed very evenly when topping up, as a large 'blob' of liquid would ruin the compressor.  So the can must be shaken well before use, and then held on an angle and continuously moved around while filling.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

There are so many things wrong, potentially dangerous and not to mention illegal with what you are attempting to do, I'm going to respectfully add you to the category "you don't know, you don't know"

If for no other reason than your own safety take the car to a garage that deals with A/C and get them to degas it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for pointing that out Unofix, disappointed with myself at never giving it a thought...duh! Next prob now is I have a hose stuck to a cyl which will leak if I try to separate them, so will go to Halfords and pass the problem to them. The cyl kit is over a year old but it's clearly theirs. As for the aircon system I shall take it to someone. Thanks Tom too. 

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club