Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"black piano" window gear with plates.

Goldie Hawk

Hi All,

i was thinking of removing these plates due to some scratches and giving them a new coat of lacquer.has anyone tried this method of scratch removal, I have looked on YouTube, there are a few methods, not always that successful.

Has anyone tried the lacquer, if so, did it work.

how are the plates actually removed and will the switches be left in the door armrest?

or should I just buy cover plates that I have seen of websites?

A few years ago, I did hydro-dipping on the jag I had at the time, did it with a reddish wood effect, then lacquered it. I did the whole dash and arm inserts and around the sat nat. Did look good but can be time consuming depending on how good you want the finished job to look.

I also went to a scrap yard to get the parts then just swapped them out, but, being quite a rare car, spares might be hard to come by.

Edited by Martibt71
  • Like 1

yeah, I thinking there a lot of work in correcting these plates, I have been looking at Alixpress, there a various " add-on" cover plates with different finishes, I think I'm going to try the "carbon' effect ones, probably easier option.

the whole thing will pop out and has a couple of plugs on rear , a plastic trim tool will remove it easily .

sorry all the switches comeout as one big unit

• Like 1